Mrs Quickly

Your POV

That night Simon held me tightly and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too" I mumbled into his neck as we both fell asleep.

In the morning we were woken by Nanny McPhee, she told us that Mrs Quickly would be coming today. "Who's Mrs Quickly?" I asked Simon. "The woman that father isn't going to marry" he explained as we all charged downstairs for breakfast. When we arrived Cedric looked at us all and said "now, Y/N has stayed here for quite a while now. And I am glad by how nicely you welcomed her into our family. We will be continuing to look after you. You can stay for as long as you need." He explained. Everyone got very exited and I felt overwhelmed. "Thank you" I smiled. "Now, you and Simon. Thank you for sharing a bed over the past few weeks but now we can get Y/N her own bed." He explained. "No!" Simon almost shouted defensively and pulled his arm around my waist. "We really do like it" I added. "And I wouldn't want to be an inconvenience." "Oh, if you insist" he sounded unsure but didn't argue. "Mrs Quickly is coming over today. You will be on your best behaviour. Is that clear?" He asked. "Yes" we all chorused. Everyone looked saddened by the idea of Mrs Quickly, exept Simon. "What?" I asked him. "You're staying, forever. And in my bed" he grinned as he peck my forehead. "And now we're getting rid of Mrs Quickly?" I asked. He smirked at me, "of course, Princess." We all get dressed into our best cloths and lined up outside. "oh look at the small, little things!" A woman in a horrible dress shreaked at us. I held Simon's hand as she walked to each of us, seeming quite disinterested. She was clearly in love with Cedric but wanted nothing to do with us. Which was lucky, for we wanted nothing to do with her. When they had gone we all rushed to his study window. Eric and a few others climbed through. Simon climbed through and helped me through as well. We hid nicely behind a cabinet.
As they arrived I could hear her being very lovey dovey towards him. I grabbed Simon's hand and mouthed along to what she was saying. Simon sniggered quietly and pecked my lips to stop himself laughing. I could see Eric with his arrow as me and Simon set up the other contraptions. I heard them talking as they readied the spider. "I said to my friend, Letitia Carter" she started but I suddenly froze. Simon grabbed my hand, "what's wrong?" He mouthed. "My step mother." I whispered. He held me and brushed his fingers through my hair. But we were interrupted by the slight giggles of the other children. "She ate the sandwiches" Simon smiled at me. We both smiled at each other. A massive crash was heard as Simon's father knocked Mrs Quickly over to stop the jelly landing on her. In doing so they slight knocked the cabinet we were hiding behind and I landed quite suddenly on Simon. Our faces were slightly flushed but be leaned in. Our lips met in a sweet moment as we heard Eric's machine powering up. Simon pulled away and sat me on his lap so we watched as his father grabbed the handle. We both looked on as he was about to propose anyway. Me and Simon loaded the catapult with mashed potatoes and fired it at him. She went storming off. Me and Simon laughed at each other and layed back on the ground. "It worked" he breathed. "I never doubted you" I smiled back. "Come on" he pulled my hand and dragged me into the play room. Cedric walked in sadly. "She's gone." He said. "The only thing that's stands between us, and total ruin is gone." He said. We all looked at each other confused. "I can't support my own family." He explained. "I never have been, there's so many of you. But you were all so wonderful. And when Aggy came along, and your mother got so ill. I said 'I think we're going to have to stop now dear.' And she said 'I know.' And even after that, Y/N came along and I saw how happy she made Simon and I couldn't say no to one more. But your great Aunt Adelaide has been supporting us for years with a monthly allowance. A little while ago she told me if I didn't remarry, the allowance would stop. This woman today was my last chance." He explained sadly. "Our, last chance" he corrected. "Ours?" Simon asked. "When the money stops, the house will be taken. Some of you may be put in the work house. Others may be taken into care. But I don't know how many of you will be allowed to stay together." He looked down as he said this. "I'm sorry children." He said turning away. Simon looked so broken. "Do something!" Lily shouted at Nanny McPhee. "What would you suggest?" She asked. "Make it change. Bang your stick. Make the actions undo itself." Eric said. "I cannot. These were your actions. And Simon said you would take responsibility, whatever happened." Nanny McPhee explained. "so what do we do?" Simon asked. "Help us." "Think" she whispered. "you are very clever children."

We decided to go to Mrs Quicklys house to apologize. I was worried I'd see my step mother. I thought Mrs Quickly has seemed familiar but I hadn't realised why. Simon could tell how worried I was so placed an arm around my waist and stood us at the back. When she came to the door she was clearly shocked to see children. "We're sorry about the tea you had with our father." Simon apologized. "Typical, sending the little ones to do his dirty work." She spat. "He doesn't know we're here." I stated. "Our father wasn't being rude." Someone said."no-one could be less rude." Someone else added. "He was just trying to protect you from all the horrid things we were doing." I explained. She started saying horrible things about Cedric and Simon got angry. "He was just trying to protect us! Because if he doesn't marry, all the money will go and we'll all be split up into work houses." She paused, "money, what money?" She asked. "Our great Aunt Adelaide's money' Tora explained. "Lady Adelaide Stitch." Eric added in a posh voice. She seemed quite impressed by the idea of "lady". I turned my head to the window and made eye contact with my step mother. She looked at me for a moment then snapped. Begining to run for the door and I hid behind Simon. But before she arrived, Mrs Quickly shut the door and made her way, with us behind her, to see Cedric.

When we arrived at the house Simon was holding me. "She saw me" I kept repeating over and over. "I won't let her do anything, and neither will father." Simon comforted me. I looked I to the study and saw the look of bewilderment on Cedric's face. Simon got down on one knee and grabbed my hand. Cedric suddenly snapped out of his trance and did the same to Mrs Quickly. "Would you become my.." he paused. "Wife" me and Eric helped. "Yes, wife. That's the word." He smiled fakely. Mrs Quickly grossly kissed him and hushed us out the room. I kissed Simon's cheek as we headed upstairs to bed. Except it was clear that unlike his father, he was happy about it.