The Wedding

Simon's POV

That night father had sat with everyone and we all apologized for what we had done.  He had promised to never hide anything again. He even read us a story.

The next day I woke up with Y/N in my arms on father's wedding day. She smiled at me and pecked my lips. We all got up and dressed in our horrible outfits. Y/N and Eric kept complaining about how sickly the colours were.

Your POV

We were all lined up when Mrs Quickly and my step mother walked in. I hid behind Simon and somehow she didn't spot me. Or if she did, she was pretending she didn't. Mrs Quickly soon grabbed me back in line. "I've heard about you." She whispered at me. Then turned to ask Nanny McPhee to leave. I looked at her and hoped she wouldn't but she left anyway. "Now dears, there's going to be some changes around here." She explained. "You are all going to behave" she snapped. "And we don't want any of that nasty noise ruining my big day." She sighed and stole Aggys rattle. She began to cry so Tora tried to calm her down. Simon tried to grab for it. "Naughty." She said and snapped the rattle in two. Just then Cedric walked down the stairs. Someone was about to shout when Eric silenced them. Mrs Quickly stuck out her hand for Cedric to kiss but he shook it instead. Me and Simon smiled at this. I heard the shouts of my stepmother and cowered again. "She's here." We all watched as they chased down the hall to meet their great Aunt Adelaide. When they all came in I saw Evangeline walking down the hall. Everyone whispered about how beautiful she looked. But as everyone left we were all made to take our seats outside.

Me and Simon had been thinking of any way of stopping the wedding but so far, nothing. "Beehive" Aggy kept saying. As we all sat down I suddenly had an idea. I smack Simon lightly and he turned. "What was that for?" He asked. "There was a bee on you" I smiled. He suddenly understood and began waving his arms. And making buzzing noises. All the other children joined in quite quickly. Even the men from the funeral parlor began waving their cards. Mrs Quickly was obviously trying to continue the wedding but Cedric looked at her and hit her hat, making her fall over. The priest began flailing and hit a cake at Mrs Quickly. We all laughed. She grabbed a cupcake and threw it at him. It missed at hit Aunt Adelaide. We all laughed more. I grabbed a handful of cake a pushed it in Simon's face. He laughed at me and threw some at me as well. The men from the parlor started to as well. Soon everyone was throwing cake. Cedric took a violin and told Simon to throw something for bowling practice. It landed on Evangeline, who also joined in. She even talked back to back to Aunt Adelaide. Simon suddenly smashed another cake in my face. This time instead of hitting him back I kissed him. Everyone laughed or 'awwwed'. We pulled away, both covered in cake and laughing. A few of the smaller children had taken some of Mrs Quicklys hair. Just as she went to shout at them, Cedric pulled them away. Mrs Quickly and my step mother went storming off. Leaving Aunt Adelaide to be angry again. We were all worried we'd be put in the work houses anyway. Just as Aunt Adelaide left Simon ran up to her. "wait! You said if father married by the end of the month you'd keep on supporting us." He stated. "Well he will marry today!" I shouted, understanding Simon's plan. "Who?" She asked. "He can marry Evangeline!" Lily shouted. "Incest?" Great Aunt Adelaide shouted. "No, because she's not their sister!" I shouted. "She's not?" "Of course not." Tora said. "No, I'm his scullery maid." She said. "They both love each other." I said. "Yes." They both said. I looked over to see Nanny McPhee banging her stick. Snow slowly fell from the sky. "Snow in August."

Simon's POV

Everyone's cloths were suddenly white. So was everything else. And nothing was broken. I looked around and saw Y/N, her dress was beautiful and white. She looked like a bride. 'my bride' I thought, blushing a lot. She ran up to me and kissed me gently. We pulled away just in time to see Evangeline walking down the isle. We all watched as father was happily married once more. I saw Nanny McPhee leaving but I knew there was no point in even attempting to stop her. For that was how she works.

Your POV

When the ceremony was over It was time for the dance. Simon took my hand and lead me to the dance floor. He placed his hands around my waist and I placed mine around his neck. We rocked around slightly and finally leaned in for a kiss. Cedric smiled at us and walked over to Simon. When we pulled away he placed a hand on Simon's shoulder. "Treat her well." He said and walked off to have another dance with his new wife.

Maybe there are happy endings after all.