Chapter Twenty: Sleep

"The girl's dorm!" I screamed. I didn't wait for anyone as I started back onto the street and headed across town to the others.

Eventually, Anna, Soul and KJ caught up and were closely behind. We reached the girl's dorm and all of the windows were shattered. You could hear screaming coming from every exit of the house.

"What's going on?" Anna asked about all of the screaming.

"We have to go in!" I looked at the others, waiting for Soul to agree and turn into a scythe.

"Are you crazy?!" He didn't approve but we had to do something.

"Tami and Anya are in there! We have to help them, they can't protect themselves!" I was trying to make a point. We had to do something now.

"We have to help." Anna knew I had a point and knew we had to do something.

"Are you crazy too?!" Soul began yelling at her. That's when Anna told me to go through the front as her and KJ went through the back. "We'll get the girls and get out, understand?" Soul demanded, turning into a scythe when I began to run to the building.

Once we reached the inside of the building, everything went silent. I ran around the house practically tripping over everything. Everything was shattered and broken. I ran upstairs as Soul turned back into himself. I found the girl's room and it was destroyed. All of the rooms were destroyed.

"Is anyone in here?!" Eric and Clay called out from downstairs. Stein and my Dad came through next.

I picked up Anya's brooch of a skull. Tami had given it to her to wear since she was royalty. I knew her well enough to know that she wouldn't go anywhere without it.

"There's no one left in the house." Soul confirmed my worst nightmare as I stuffed the brooch into my pocket.

The others were now with us standing around trying to figure out what's going to happen now. "Kim and Jackline are the only two in the dorm that aren't NOT students. They know how to defend themselves and use each other, but they're gone too." Eric explained to all of us.

'I have a bad feeling about this place.' Anna said to me in my head.

'Let's get out of here.' I signaled Soul and we left the building along with everyone else, meeting Anna and KJ outside.

There was nothing anyone could do. How could a whole dorm go missing without a trace?! They're first years and don't even know how to use their weapons. It's up to the Academy to find them and you bet I was going to help out. Stein and Dad sent everyone home to rest. But I wasn't quite sure what the night had planned for us.

"What now?" Soul and KJ were sitting at the kitchen table when I went to grab a glass of water to wash down the pill.

"More movies? Or we could practice SoulResonance together." Anna proposed.

"I only have an hour." I needed sleep and it was about time that I actually got some.

"We can at least try, until you get sleepy. We'll practice every night until we get it. Professor Stein said it was pretty important for us to learn it." KJ explained. Soul was in and since Anna wanted to do it as well, I wasn't opposed to trying for a little while. The four of us sat on the floor in a small circle.

I'm not sure how long we tried doing SoulResonance. I don't remember how I ended up back in bed, even. My balcony door was open and the wind was blowing my curtains inside. I could hear the others downstairs but I was too drowsy to get there as fast as I wanted to.

The room began to spin when my feet hit the floor. I was using my bed as support to make my way to the door.

I made it outside my room, shutting my door behind me. My hands were on the side of the wall as I made my way down the long, spinning hallway. I tried to adjust my eyes to see straight, but it wasn't working that well.

"Hey," Soul has caught me as I was attempting to go down the staircase. He picked me up and carried me downstairs to the kitchen.