Chapter 32

Short, I know. But only bc cool shit>>

Third person pov

"H...Hi, Kath." Rin had puffy red eyes and bags under her eyes. Kath felt bad. It was pretty apparent that sleep had been escaping the girl as of late. Kakashi, at least from what Kath could tell, had been sleeping like an absolute rock. Kath supposed she was just that great of a pillow. Maybe her warmth would help him de-douchefy himself or whatever.

"Heyo." Kath bobbed her head in greeting, looking around in search of Minato. He wasn't here yet. Kath wondered if he was going to bail on them. She didn't think so, but he was an unpredictable person, and this was quite possibly a fanfiction. You could never be too careful. "Minato show himself yet?"

"No." Rin answered hoarsely, her eyes shifting over to Kakashi. She seemed hesitant to speak, as though maybe she was too weak to get the words out, or too tired. Once again, Kath felt hella bad for her. And even worse because she hadn't been a smart dragon and told them that Obito was still alive down there... Zetsu had probably grabbed him by now. 

Fuck.

"Kakashi, are you... alright?" Rin checked. Despite the pain she was going through, Kath could clearly hear that she was concerned for her teammate. Kath settled down on the grass, her tail curling around Kakashi as Rin gazed at him awaiting a response. Kakashi stared at his feet, his fists clenched. He glanced at Kath.

"I'm... I'm alright." Kakashi muttered.

"Morning, you guys." Minato appeared out of seemingly nowhere, and Kath almost blew fire at him. She still couldn't control the fire thing. It would be super duper awesome if it could happen at will, right? Right. If only... then she could roast people in more ways than one.

"Morning." Rin managed to whisper, but all Kakashi did was plop down on the ground, leaning against Kath. The dragon had no qualms with it, looking towards Minato to see what was up. Were they gonna do something important? Maybe murderize some hoes? Come to think of it, that would be pretty cool.

She thought about what was going to happen with Obito. He was in a cave somewhere. Maybe he was still under a boulder, maybe he wasn't. Kath didn't fucking know. But he was going to kill a lot of people. People... with lives, that were real. They didn't look like she was used to, but they sure as hell had feelings, and pasts, and lives. She didn't know if this place was real or not... maybe not... this was probably a fever dream, but it was chill. She didn't want people to die in this fever dream, if that's what it was.

"Hold that thought." Kath stood up suddenly, and Kakashi almost fell back. Minato raised an eyebrow as Kath turned around, circling around to look at where the sun was rising. Her ears twitched. "Bitches get stitches."

"What?"

"I feel it in my bones." Kath hunched down, and Kakashi sputtered. What was she doing?! "I'll be back. Probably. I might die. It's fine. Keep me in your prayers if that's your jam... if you're an atheist, well, believe in me or some shit and send me your vibes." 

"K-Kath, wait, where are you going?!" Kakashi panicked. Was she just going to leave?! What was this about dying?!

"Probably to my death." Kath shrugged as well as a dragon could shrug. "I just have a feeling." 

And just like that, she was gone, rocketing into the sky at top speed.