Chapter 2

"Papi, you just got back, why are you leaving again?" Camila asks, pain in her eyes.

"I have business to take care of." Camila's father said.

Frowning, the eighteen year old looks down. "But you haven't been home for a week."

"Princess, I'm sorry." Alejandro pulled his daughter into his arms.

"Why can't you just stay home for a little longer?" Camila asks, tears in her eyes.

"I have to take care of this business, princess." Alejandro kissed the top of his daughter's head. "I'll be gone a day or two, I promise."

Shaking her head, Camila steps back. "You said that last time and were gone for almost three months."

"I'm sorry." Alejandro said softly.

"I hate you!" Camila responds, running up to her room and slamming the door.

"Camila!" Alejandro called. "Camila! I'm sorry!"

Collapsing onto her bed, Camila breaks out in sobs.

She missed her mom and Sofi, it would be five years without them in barely a week.

She gripped onto her sheets tightly and sobbed into them.

Her sobs grew even harder as soon as she heard the front door open and close and then a car start.

Getting up off the bed, she watched her dad's car pull out of the driveway. Her eyes landed on Lauren and her little sister playing on the front lawn after her father was gone.

Taking a deep breath, she grabbed her desk chair and sat down, leaning her head on her arm and leaning against the windowsill.

She watched Lauren chase Taylor around the yard. Now, Camila missed Sofi even more. She wondered what life would be like if her mother and Sofi were alive.

Closing her blinds, Camila stands up and walks into her bathroom.

She sighed, pushing the bathroom door closed.

Twenty minutes later

Getting out of the shower, Camila wraps a towel around her waist, flinching when she sees Lauren on her bed.

Lauren was staring down at her hands, biting her lip.

"Hey," Camila says as she begins getting dressed.

Lifting her head slowly, Lauren looked up at Camila. "Hi." She said shyly.

Pulling on a clean shirt, Camila moves over to the bed and leans down, kissing Lauren gently.

Lauren smiled against Camila's lips.

"Mmm, you're here early." Camila says softly after pulling away.

"I'm early?" Lauren looked at the watch on her wrist.

"You don't usually come over until around five or six, it's just now going on three." The older girl responds.

"Mom got home early from work and I was off school to look after Taylor." Lauren shrugged.

Nodding, Camila leans in and kisses her once more.

Lauren smiled against Camila lips.

Slowly pulling away, Camila pulls Lauren closer and buries her face in her neck. "My dad left again."

"I'm sorry." Lauren whispered.

Camila shrugs and relaxes against Lauren. "Can we watch a movie?"