3.

"So, how was the rest of your train ride?" Calum asked Hayley. They had finished dinner and Hayley volunteered to wash up, and of course the boys didn't argue, so she ended up actually doing it, even though she was a guest. Calum decided he would dry up, and it totally wasn't because she was in there. Obviously.

"Well, it was actually quite the adventure!" Hayley said, putting a clean plate on the drying rack for Calum to wipe down with a tea towel. "Turns out I was on the wrong train, and I was headed in the wrong direction. Luckily, I realised after you got off so I hadn't gone too far. I got on the right train and came here"

Calum laughed really hard at her story, as he imagined her cute nose all scrunched up when she realised she wasn't going the right way.

"How weird is it, that you're Ashton's best friend" She smiled, shaking her head.

"Yeah, it was definitely an unexpected surprise. I thought I wouldn't ever see you again" Calum said, grabbing a bowl and drying it with his damp towel and putting it back in the cupboard. "So, I was very pleased when I saw you earlier" He was trying to be forward, but not completely obvious, so he was playing it smart. He didn't want to ruin it already.

"Aw, you're really sweet" She smiled. Hayley knew she wasn't ready for a relationship, and she simply hoped that he was just being friendly. If only she knew that Calum was planning their entire future in his head right now.

They continued to clean the dishes, making light conversation, and talking about anything that popped up. Calum was so glad that they could talk like this already.

"So, what's the story with you and Ashton?" Calum asked, putting a fork in the drawer.

"Well, we were neighbours 'back in the day', and we were inseparable, but my parents split up when I was about 13, and I had to move away with my mother. Ashton and I would talk on the phone and text each other all the time, and we'd occasionally catch a train to see each other, but when we were 16 we were too busy with everything and we sort of just slowly drifted apart. We stopped talking all together until, well, today when I showed up"

"What did you mean yesterday, when you said you had to get away from home?" Calum asked. He just wanted to know more about her, so he wasn't worried about his mini interrogation.

"I'm not a big fan of staying in one place for too long. I just want to see the world, and not stick around. I would go away but I'd always end up back at home and I am just sick of it. It's like I have a dream and it feels like it's dangling right in front of me, and I either have the chance to jump for it or just leave it for someone bigger and better to get instead, and I am trying to jump but it's so hard to when you are stuck in one spot" Calum could listen to her talk all day. She was really smart, and she had lots of analogies and metaphors that she liked to use. She was definitely the most intelligent girl her age that he had ever met and it was certainly endearing.

"What's your dream?"

"I want to be a journalist. I want to travel the world and interview amazing people and get their stories out there. I don't wan to be a crappy journalist that follows people around and makes a story out anything, I want to write about real things. I want to be able to show everyone how amazing the world really is" Hayley explains. People usually laughed at he when she told them that, but she had a feeling that Calum was different.

"That's a really cool dream, Just Hayley" Calum smiled and she laughed.

"So, Mr. Hoppus, whats your dream?"

"I'd like to tour the world with my 3 best friends in our crappy band and impact peoples lives with our music. I see it and I feel it every day, how important music is to people, and I just want to be a part of that, you know? But, unfortunately, the music industry is a little harder to break into than I had originally thought" Calum told her. He couldn't think of anything better, except for maybe holding Hayley's hand, but that was different.