26.

"Okay, come on Hayley, I can't deal with another heartbreak," Calum mumbled to himself as he pulled onto her street.

He stopped the car in the only available parking spot; two houses down from hers, and he walked with his flowers and CD and couldn't help but think what a mushy, romantic bastard he really is.

That rose his courage and ego up just a little, so now it had gone from about a 0 out of 10, to a solid one and a half.

But, that dropped rapidly, as did the flowers and the CD, when he saw her there, and she had another guys lips on hers, and it wasn't just any guy, either.

Calum wasn't sure whether it was the small thump the flowers made when they hit the ground, or the sound of plastic hitting concrete when the CD went down with the bouquet, or maybe they could hear the tiny part of his heart (that he'd just managed to put back together) shattering, once again. But, they both turned to look at Calum at the same time, and Hayley's eyes went wide and a small smirk grew on Tom's lips, and Calum felt weak.

Everything sort of just went blank, and Calum found himself in his car, while Hayley was calling out his name.

She gave up once she got to the objects Calum had dropped, and she bent over and picked up the flowers and the CD case that had been decorated with a bunch of random pictures.

"What a weirdo," Tom sniggered, standing behind Hayley and looked over her shoulder, she she shuffled away slightly.

"I think you should leave," Hayley said quietly.

"What? You wanted me here a few

seconds ago,"

"I promised you one last kiss, I gave it to you, now you need to go," Hayley sighed, holding the gifts tightly to her chest.

"Hayle-"

"Go!" She yelled, pushing him away towards the road before storming inside and slamming the door shut behind her.

She walked into her room and sat on her bed, siting the flowers in a vase that she filled up with water from the tap, and then she studied the CD.

She looked at every single drawing, a faint smile on her face, even though he felt so horrible for Calum.

She knew she should probably talk to him, but she also knew that he would need a bit of time to calm down so he would be reasonable. So, to kill time, she put the CD in her CD player and waited for it to start.

Once she did, she automatically noticed it was an unfamiliar song, and was also quite obviously not a studio recording.

She was confused at first, but then she heard Calum's voice, and almost instantly her ears had tuned into the song and she was hearing every lyric, and not just hearing them, but feeling them. Understanding them. It was enough to make her cry.

It didn't take a genius to figure out what the song was about, and you could hear that he meant each word, Hell, even Luke seemed like he'd just gone through the same thing.

And that made Hayley wonder. How had the other boys reacted to her leaving? Did they go about their everyday lives like nothing happened? Did they miss her? Did they spend their time trying to cheer Calum up?

As all of these thoughts whizzed through her head, she had no idea just how much she really had obliterated when she had gone.

Like a bomb that went off, decimating absolutely everything that was in close contact, and yet she still had no idea how much of an effect she had.

She knew she needed to go see Calum now, so she pulled on her shoes and took the CD with her, and she re-listened to the song the entire way, and she knew almost every word, and she was still crying, by the time she had pulled up outside Calum's apartment.