CHAPTER 3 [2/3]

I LIED. DOUBLE UPDATE FOR Y'ALL. Oh, and expect a bonus chapter in between 3/3 of chapter three and chapter four later in the coming week or so! xx 

TWITTER: @byevergent // IG: @mcdxnoughs

Tris' POV (the day before they arrive)

I figured I would just let them stay at my place so they wouldn't have to look for any hotels and waste more money than they already did. It was a good thing, too, that my mom was around. I asked her for day three passes to complete the whole weekend, since Arcade Fire, The 1975, Lana, Disclosure, Alesso, John Newman and Daughter were mine and Ellie's most awaited acts. She said yes, and I was thrilled. So thrilled that I called her at three a.m., which was actually okay with her since her flight was at seven, and it was a two hour drive from her place to the airport there. I couldn't believe that after two years I was seeing her and the McDonoughs again. I thought about Riley mostly, because I wanted him to remember me. I mean, he bear hugged me at our graduation!

They land at about seven a.m. tomorrow, since it took a day and 20 hours from Poughkeepsie to Los Angeles. I figured I should just keep talking to Ellie so she wouldn't get too bored on the plane. Although I was going out with Mimi to watch The Fault In Our Stars today, I was still going to keep her company.

I reached the mall and went to the atrium, where I was supposed to meet Mimi. I saw her curvy figure and bouncy brown hair and called her out. "Hey!" she said. Mimi was small for her age (she's 20), as I've taken note of on the day that we met. We went to the same college, and introduced her to Ellie through Skype. "Ready to bawl your eyes out?" she asked. I showed her a huge pack of tissue and said, "Fuck yeah."

* * * *

"But Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity." By this time, Mimi and I were already holding each other and crying. While Ellie was practically emotionless even when Toby came into her life, here we are, her friends, epitomes of emotional trainwrecks.

"Augustus Waters died eight days later--"

"NO NO NO NO NO NO!" Mimi said, burying her face in my shoulder. "They're just...characters..." I mumbled, which made me bawl my eyes out even more. Once Ellie gets here, she has to watch it with Toby, oh my God. The movie ended soon enough, and Ed Sheeran's song for the movie started playing, and I just started crying again because of it.

My phone buzzed quite a few times before I checked it. Two messages were from Ellie, and two more were from an unknown number.

Unknown: Riley here ;)

Ellie: don't spoil me with tfios i will watch it with toby when we get there!!!

Unknown: Ellie gave me your number btw hope you don't mind.

Ellie: IM SO BORED IT'S ONLY BEEN FOUR HOURS. TOBY'S ASLEEP. CONNOR'S ASLEEP. MY MOTHER IS ASLEEP. RILEY'S KICKING MY SEAT FROM BEHIND. HELP.

I laughed slightly at Ellie's text about Riley, so I texted Riley back first and saved his number.

Me: Stop kicking Ellie's seat ffs

Riley: Sorry :c

Riley: How'd you know? Are you psychic or something

Me: She told me lol

Then Ellie said, "HE STILL DIDNT STOP ARE YOU SURE YOU TOLD HIM," and I replied with a yes.

I put my phone away for a while and went to the comfort room with Mimi to fix our faces, since mascara ran down on our faces. "God, that movie ruined me," she said. "I know, right?" I agreed. We went to Starbucks and hung out for a while until sundown.