Comfort / Protection

Wanda and Vision paired up and trained day and night, both of them ignoring the aching feeling they felt when they were apart. Wanda's nightmares continued to ravage through her mind. Vision, roomed right next door, heard her cries each night, and struggled to find a way to comfort her. One night, he finally decided he would do something, phasing through the wall between their rooms and scooping her up like he had in Sokovia. She cried into his artificial chest until she had no more tears. But she did not sleep. Vision attempted to run his fingers through her tangled hair as a comfort.

"Vis... Why are you comforting me?" She asked hoarsely, looking up at the AI's face. She didn't know why she hadn't noticed his soft features before; even though he was made of the strongest metal known to man, it was almost like he had a skin. The small vibrations beneath his skin made him feel like a computer, but his artificial heart beat like hers did; it quickened when she held her hand over his chest.

"I do not want you to feel alone, as I do. I am the only thing like me, I do not even fully understand what I am... but you do not deserve to feel this way, Wanda." He continued to softly run his fingers through her hair, untangling as he went. She leaned closer into his touch. "Mr. Stark thinks that I am evolving, that someday I could have human emotions the same as any other."

"I think you are, too. You sometimes act more human than any of us. You are innocent, pure." Wanda pressed her hand to his face, the part that the assassin had cut off, and watched his eyes watch her right back. "I feel less human when I am with the others, using... these powers," She pulled her hand slightly back and flickered some of the scarlet magic between her fingers. "I felt human with Pietro. He was my other half, and when he died, I think a part of me did, too."

"I think that is a natural phenomenon, especially for twins as close as you two were." Vision responded, moving his hand from her hair to her face, looking closely at her eyes. "I feel worry for you. I feel concern for you. Wanda, I... want to protect you. At any cost."

Wanda looked away from him then, a deep red covering her face. At least Vision was always red, one could never tell if he could blush or not. He did not have a bloodflow, so he likely could not. Not that you could see it anyways, of course. While she looked down, Vision continued to study her face, and felt the rising of her heartbeat with his. At some point, she calmed down enough to fall asleep, head against his shoulder. He hoped that she was comfortable.

In that moment, Vision made a pledge to himself to protect Wanda at all costs, to be with her whenever he could. He wanted her to feel human, and at least if he was there, she was the most human being in the room. He wanted her to never feel alone.