Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I gasped. Forgetting I was under water, the salt water rushed into my mouth and lungs burning like a fire.

I couldn't move.

I felt a tug on my bathing suit and was surfaced seconds later, gasping in air trying to rid the burning sensations.

Great, I would have a sore throat for weeks. But that's not the point.

’Matt, there's a body down there! It's enclosed in ice. But the crazy thing is, I think he or she is alive...’ I croaked to Matt.

’oh God...what do we do?’ he asked, looking panicked.

’I'm going back down their.’ I replied.

’I'll go with you.’

And with that, we both dove under the surface. When we got to it, Matt almost gasped like I did, but I covered his mouth quickly.

I needed something hard to break the ice open, but the only thing around were a bunch of shells...shells?! Those would work perfectly! I swam to the bottom, very aware of my oxygen starting to run out. I grabbed two of the biggest and sharpest shells I could possibly find and handed one to Matt.

Together we started pounding on the ice. It seemed unbreakable. I had to go up for air twice and Matt had to go up once. We just couldn't seem to get it to crack.

I was just about to give up because I was getting very frustrated, so I gave it one last blow with all my strength. I let all of my air out And started floating to the top, but as I was going, a large crack broke the ice. A blinding light poured through it and forced me to shield my eyes. More and more light poured through more cracks. It was opening! I hit the surface then and started gulping in air, realizing I was about to suffocate myself if I had stayed under any longer.

The water around me started to become a whirlpool. But yet I wasn't being pulled in like I should've.

Matt was swimming behind me trying not to get too close.

Then the very center of the whirlpool started to open making a wall of water around the opening. It went all the way down to the bottom of the ocean.

At least a good eleven feet down.

Then the weirdest thing I have ever seen happened.

~~~Everything will be in Lailas point of view unless it says otherwise:) And im really sorry it took me so long to update and sorry they are short. I was in New York for two weeks...~~~