Chapter 3

~~~Okay so I'm really bummed because this part origianally did not get posted so now I have to rewrite it with all of my previous thoughts thrown out the door...here goes...~~~

Chapter 3

A beautiful girl maybe a year older than me was thrown out of the center of the whirlpool.

I was frozen in place. This can't be happening. This shouldn't be possible!

Her long brown hair floated around her and stuck to her body like a glove. She wore two peices of thin cloth to cover her. The top was tied behind the neck and the bottoms were tied to the side. Her stomach showed the slight lines of a six pack. Her toned legs hung limply in the water along with her slender arms and petite hands.

Matt only moved when she started to sink under. "Let's get her and bring her to shore before she drowns." He said to me.

We both swam over to her and took an arm and began to swim. Swimming in a hurricane is already very hard and add to that the fact that we can only use one arm had both Matt and I out of breath by the time we got to shore.

"Put her down gently over here on the towel. Do we still have that rotting fish in the cooler?" Matt asked me as we placed her on the beach towel we brought that was now soaked because of the rain.

"Yeah I think so, but why?" I questioned.

"We need something smelly to put under her nose so she wakes up. Just go get it!" He yelled, frustrated.

"Is she dead?" I asked him as i almost retched from opening the foul smelling cooler.

"No she still has a pulse. Here give it here." He said. I could tell he was getting nervous over the fact that she may not be alive or she may die for all we knew. I handed him the fish at fingertips length and he took it and shoved it under her nose rather roughly.

Within two heartbeats she started coughing and spluttering up water. Oh goody she wasn't dead! Because that would have been very interesting to tell the police. Well you see cops, we just wanted to go to the beach in the middle of a hurricane...yeah no...

"Go get her a water bottle, her throat will be really dry." Matt ordered me.

"Okay Mr. Bossy. Geez." I replied angrily. Who did he think he was ordering me around like I'm nothing.

As the girl still spit up water I went over and grab a water for her. By the time I came back, her coughing had calmed down and she was just wheezing now. I handed the water to Matt who said to her,

"Here drink this, it will help."

She very gently took the opened water and as soon as she realised what it was, guzzled the whole thing within seconds.

Matt spoke very gently, I guess so he didn't scare her," There you go, that should make you feel better." He gently rubbed her back as he spoke also. I sat down on the other side of her and she looked up at me. She had giant eyes that were the most beautiful color, or should I say colors, I have ever seen. It was a mix of brown, red, blue, and green.

"Hi there," I said, "I'm Laila, and that there is Matt. What's your name?"

"M-my people called me Alea." Her voice was raspy but I could tell that underneath that was the voice of an angel.

"Can you tell us what happened back their with the water?" Matt asked her.

"I went into avatar state and was bending the water." She spoke so softly I thought I heard her wrong.

"Avatar?" I asked. She nodded her head yes. "You mean the old legends of people who get reincarnated and can bend all four elements?"

"Yes, I am the avatar that you speak of." Her voice was no longer raspy and it help a note of seriousness in it.

She wasn't joking.