Chapter 4

A/N: I really love fluffy fun chapters, don't you? I wish I could say this entire story is fluffy, but it's not. Chapter 5 will probably be our last real chapter of fluff... after that I would just run awayyyyy far away from this story. :)

But can we talk about how adorable Vali and Narvi are? I wasn't sure how much I would like to write them but now that I'm writing them, I'm absolutely loving every moment they spend with Sigyn and Loki. I love their dynamics and how I feel like they're coming alive slowly as I write them more.  

So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy, chapter 4 of parenthood. 

"Chin up Narvi."

Loki took his finger and thumb and pulled his son's chin up. The green hue the boy had produced had caught Vali's attention, his blue eyes sparkling in wonder.

"Daddy, why is my color different than Narvi's?"

Loki smiled, letting Narvi study on his own for a moment. "Put your hands like this, now concentrate again, and visualize the blue hue that you saw before."

Loki watched as Vali stuck his tongue out and squint his eyes. He thought of correcting him but he decided against it as Vali was still struggling to produce the smallest form of magic. Correcting Vali now would do nothing but belittle him - something Sigyn had warned him against already. 

"Your brother, you, your Mother and I all have different hues of magic. It is what identifies us." The Trickster replied after some time. 

"I'm never gonna get this, not like Narvi." Vali said pouting and sitting down on the ground.

"Vali." Loki said quietly, grabbing his shoulders. "When I was your age, your grandmother tried to teach me magic. Your... Your Uncle Thor was different than I was and I was jealous of how he was different. Your grandmother changed how I saw myself by showing me magic, but it was hard at first. But once I unlocked my abilities, I surpassed all the sorcerers - aside from your grandfather. You will become a great sorcerer."

Vali looked up at his father, a small smile coming across his lips. He stood up and began to focus again.

"Good." Loki said, adjusting Vali's hands. "Now focus on what you wish to see. One step at a time."

Slowly but surely, his blue hue began to take form between his fingers.

"Daddy! Daddy look!" Vali began to jump around a little, his illusion starting to dissipate.

"Good Vali, but stay focused, try to make something... perhaps a square or –"

"Or a three headed dragon lizard!" Vali shrieked, his blue eyes sparkling in the reflection of the magic he held between his fingertips.

"Or a three headed dragon lizard." The Liesmith said exasperated. Turning to Narvi, he saw that his oldest had started to try and transfer the energy from one hand to another.

"Excellent Narvi, but keep your chin up. The moment you hunch over, the moment the energy cannot flow through your body."

Narvi nodded, focusing again on growing the green hue that he held in his hands. It was much larger than Vali's but even still Loki could see that it was not as smooth or without frustration. The unevenness of the magic seemed to vibrate through the air. While it was true that Narvi was picking up some of the skills faster, it was fairly obvious that he was not as skilled as his brother. 

The god watched in silence as Narvi tried to form the shape of something that he saw in his mind. The sweat had begun to bead on his forehead until at last the shape he desired appeared for just a brief moment - a howling wolf. Vali smiled and shrieked as he saw the shape take form.