Chapter 4

Chapter 4- Zoe's 23rd Birthday

Alfie's POV:

A month passed by. We were close- spent a lot of time at each others houses and helped each other with our videos. Nothing exciting happened but it pained me to keep my feelings hidden from her every time we met up. It seemed we were well and truly stuck in the friend zone and as everyone knows the longer you stay in the friend zone the harder it is to get out. It wrecked my head. I had to know for sure whether she felt the same.

Zoe's 23rd birthday was on the 28th March. The whole group went out for a meal near where she lives. I bought a pair of earrings and a matching necklace for her that my sister Poppy helped me pick out.

I had a plan that evening which was to make my first move. I had no idea how I would execute the plan and ended up acting on an impulse. I can't believe it actually worked. I remember thinking I'll ask her does she want a kiss and if there's an awkward pause I'll whip out a bag of Hershey's kisses (little chocolates) and hand one to her. It would have been a cowardly way out and make me look like an idiot. Thank god I didn't do that but looking back I was such an amateur it embarrasses me to say the least.

Zoe's POV:

My birthday rolled around. Out we all went to the nearby Italian. The atmosphere was fantastic and everyone was really enjoying themselves.

We went back to my house. I shall never forget it! Alfie grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the living room where everybody was and down the hallway to the bottom of the stairs. He opened up my palm and placed a little well wrapped box in my hand. I unwrapped the purple flowery wrapping paper and opened the box. At that very moment The moonlight shone through the window and caught the gold fawn earrings and necklace and made them sparkle. They were beautiful. I knew this was a special present, not the kind that comes from just a friend. He knew how much I loved fawns.

I took the earrings that I was currently wearing out and put the new ones in. Then I unhooked the necklace from the black velvet which it was sitting on. I turned around and Alfie tied it around my neck. The little fawn hung just above my top. I looked up and uttered the word 'thank you'.

We stood there staring at each other. His deep, hazelnut eyes were fixed on me. There was silence. He leaned in and kissed me. It was perfect. It happened so fast I hadn't time to register the severity of what was happening. I got lost in the magical moment. It happened. Alfie Deyes actually kissed me.

We heard footsteps. Neither one of us wanted to break away but we did quickly and took a few steps back from each other when we heard Louise and Tanya open the door. 'There you are chummy' Louise said. 'You're missing all the fun'. So we walked back inside the living room to rejoin our friends for a good game of cards.

I had to pinch myself. Had that really just happened? I wondered. My thoughts were confirmed by Alfie's cheeky smile whenever he caught my gaze. Yes it had.