Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alfie's POV:

A week after Zoe's birthday I asked her to be my girlfriend over Skype. I couldn't actually believe she said yes! We lay in our own sitting rooms and the only thing that separated us was our computer screens and unfortunately the distance between our houses.

Then we headed to Florida for a Youtube convention called Playlist Live. We spend all day everyday together but we couldn't be ourselves for fear of being caught out in someones vlog, photo or by a subscriber. We were constantly being watched. It was so daunting to think there were possibly hundreds of thousands of people watching us at any given time and Zoe has anxiety so we decided to do the rational thing and keep it our secret.

When we returned to England we told our friends. I was shocked that they weren't surprised at all. Apparently they had bets with each other about how soon it would happen! Jim won £10 because he said that we would be going out by the end of April. They were all genuinely delighted for us though.

Zoe's POV:

Alfie asked me out before Playlist Live. Not the best timing but I was thrilled! Thing is though we were constantly under the public eye- it was exhausting. Thousands of people ship us and we were just not ready for the pressure to be their perfect otp (one true pairing). It was still early.

All our friends swore to secrecy. They promised that if ever a Zalfie moment was caught in one of their vlogs they would edit it out.

It appeared that we would be able to keep it under control after all until we were ready to announce it later in the year. Who could have predicted what would happen next..?