Self destruct

"Asuka, we need you now!" Shinji's voice cried out.  But she was frozen, she couldn't move, no matter how hard she pushed the controls, how hard she concentrated, how hard she begged her Eva to move, it stood still.  The angel's white tendrils suddenly burst out.  They slashed through unit 00's arms.  She heard rei scream through her headset.
"AAAAAAGGHHHHH!"
"REI!" Shinji screamed, but the other tendril caught his Eva in the chest and sent him flying.
"No." Asuka said. "No no no no no, move please move." Asuka pleaded with her Eva.  The white arms then slashed through rei's legs. The Eva fell to its knees.  The angel then shot its arms through the head and chest of unit 00 tearing it apart.  Rei's scream cut through the radio and radiated off the inside of the entry plug.  Shinji jumped back in but it to soon had its arms and legs severed.  Shinji screamed until his voice cracked and failed him. 
"Please move." Asuka cried, tears freely running down her cheeks into the LCL.  Suddenly, her Eva moved, she rushed towards the angel. She wasn't to late.  Right as she was about to drive her progressive knife into the angel, it shot through unit 01 and tore it apart, blood splattered everywhere and suddenly covered asuka's view.  She stopped and fell to her knees.  She had lost her only true friends.
"No." She said.  "I was to late." She waited for the blow, but it never came.
"No you can't do this to me." She said.  "You can't leave me here like this." She started screaming as tears ran down her face.  "You can't leave me here alone!"

Asuka shot awake.  She inhaled sharply and looked next to her.  She saw shinji's sleeping face, he was still alive.  She had failed him.  She had failed them all.  She couldn't pilot Eva.  She rolled out of bed and stood for the first time since her release.  She stumbled to the bathroom.  She closed and locked the door.  She then went through the drawers until she found what she was looking for.  The razor blade hovered over her wrist.  She was no use to anyone and she knew it.  Why did they keep her around, why didn't the discharge her, fire her, kill her.    She finally let the tears fall, she fell to the bathroom floor.  She raised the blade, and brought it down on her forearm.  The blade sliced the skin so effortlessly.  Blood trickled down her arm in an almost perfect single stream.  It was so beautiful, how the essence of life worked, so robust yet fragile.  She slid the blade over her skin again, and again, and again until she couldn't bring herself to do it anymore.  She cleaned the blade and her arm, bandaging it.  She returned to her room and crawled next to the sleeping shinji.  She knew he would never approve of what she just did, so she wouldn't tell him no matter what.  She kissed his forehead and went to sleep.