Chapter One

Chapter 1

Layla's P.O.V

"Hey, Layla." A voice down the narrow hall yells right after the ending bell chimed. I turn around and see Oliver running through the cludder of teens towards me. He walks up to me with a smile and winks.

I role my eyes and wave, "Hey Olly." I say with a smile giving him a gentle hug.

Oliver and I have been great friends since before I could ever remember. He was born 2 years before me, making him have the power to drive before me. Ever since last year for his 16th birthday, he drove me to and from school in his birthday car.

"So, you know how I made the soccer team," I nod, "Well, apparently today, right now to the exact, is the first practice." He smiles weakly and begins to apologize.

"No, no. It's all good." I say smiling, even though I wasn't to happy about this depressing news, "I'll just get Calum to take me." I say with a nod.

"I'm sorry," he says bringing me in for another hug, "I'll make it up to you! I promise!!" he say's braking away and starts running through the now cleared up hall, to practice.

After I grab my things from my locker I slam it in frustration and pull out my iPhone. I go straight to my favorites and call Calum.

"Cal, have you left yet?" I say with an irritated tone.

"No, what's up?" He says worriedly.

"Well... Oliver canceled on me at the last minute. Would you be able to drive me?...Please?" I beg

"Layla!! I have band practice with the guys." He says with a sigh.

"Please, I won't say anything. I promise." I say closing my eyes and lean my head against the lockers.

He huffed, "Don't say anything! I'm outside the building headed to the car now. I'll meet you at the front of the building."

"Thanks Cal! Love you lots." and with that I ended the call picking up my bags and heading out.

I open the silver door to Calum's Jeep and buckled up.

"And no flirting, Layla." He say's nudging me.

I laugh, "Yeah right." I say sarcastically.

I've never met my brothers so called "Band". I've listened to him talk about it, but never been introduced or anything.

...

We pull up to a smaller looking house with the garage door opened with three guitars and a drum set sat in the back middle. I get out of the Jeep and see a guy with dark blond hair walking up to Calum. They talked for a little bit while I stood there awkwardly waiting to be told where I needed to go. Finally, Calum realized I felt awkward and came over with the Blondie.

"Layla, this is Michael, our guitarist. Michael, this is Layla my younger sister."

I shake his hand and he leads us into the garage where we run into two more blond headed guys. I felt so odd-ed out since Cal and I have brown hair and eyes.

"Guys, This is Layla. She's Calum's younger sister. She's..." Michael leans over to me in mid-sentence, "How old are you?"

I laugh, "I'm 15, about to turn 16."

"She's 15, and goes to school with us... I think." Michael says looking over at me and I nod, "Anyways, Layla, This is Luke Hemmings," He say's pointing over to the one with a shirt with a yellow smiley face, and flipped up hair "He's our other guitarist. Then that's Ashton Irwin, he play's the drums." He say's pointing to the guy behind the drums. He was wearing a red bandana, a black shirt, and a grey jacket with the hood up, "and we all sing a little."