Chapter 10

"Put it on speaker, Naomi."

She glared at Jordan but did it anyway. Even though, she was the one to suggest the idea, telling her parents about Briana seemed to be harder than she'd imagine. With every ring, her heartbeat increased.

Calm down, Naomi. It's not like you are going to tell anything right now.

"Hello?"

"Mom?"

"Yes, dear. What is it?"

"I have something I want to tell the both of you. Do you think we can meet you at 4?"

"We?"

"The boys are also coming." She bit her lip.

"Of course you can!" She sighed in relief. "You don't even need to ask."

"But wait- what should I cook, then? Maybe I should-"

"Mom, you don't need to cook anything for us..." There was a long pause.

"No, that Jordan boy loves my cooking. Why should I listen to you? He compliments my cooking unlike you." Jordan looked at the sky in a manner like he just won the FIFA world cup.

"And the cute one...Declan was his name. Poor boy had trouble last time. I want to cook some more for him." Declan turned pink.

"Mom..."

"And don't you dare forget Bennett. I have never seen a boy with such manners. He helped me in washing dishes. Can you believe it? And you, my daughter, don't even step a foot inside the kitchen." She kept ranting.

"MOM, WOULD YOU LISTEN TO ME?" Naomi said desperately.

"What is it?"

"It's something really important. Please." The silence was longer this time. The four of them looked at each other.

"Naomi..."

"Yes, mom?"

"Are you pregnant, dear?" Her mom screamed in a high-pitched voice. Everyone in the room burst out laughing.

"MOM!!"

"No, seriously. You can tell me. But wait- it's not that Parker, is it? Please tell me, it's not." The three of them were rolling on the floor.

"No mom! It's no-"

"Then who is it? Is it someone among those three? I don't mind as long as it's not Parke-" And Naomi had enough as she pressed the speaker off, cursing herself for not doing it sooner.

"Mom, I am not pregnant. Just...just be there at 4 okay?" She hung up.

"She's got the best mom ever!" Jordan said still laughing.

"I know right! She even said she doesn't mind if it's not Parker. She's amazing!" Declan high fived Jordan. Giving them a death glare, Naomi turned to Bennett.

"And why the hell are you laughing? She snapped causing his smile to fade. "YOU? They are idiots but I thought you were smart." She stepped in front of him.

"I-I didn't...er"

"Hey, mommy!" Briana stepped in rubbing her eyes cutely.

"Hey, Bri! C'mere give me hug." Bennett jumped out of the sofa.

"You better thank the god, Bennett." Naomi muttered.

"Daddy!" She jumped in his arms.

****