- Chapter 25: Sentiment -

Hannah walked into the kitchen as usual. "Nothing will happen." When she tickled the pear and walked inside, James had his back turned and was eating a pastry from an elf. Hannah blinked and ran up to James and hugged him from behind.

James quickly flinched and moved his head to see Hannah hugging him. "I'm sorry!" She cried.

"For what?"

"The full moon! I was curious a-and..."

"Shh, calm down." James soothed, setting Hannah down on the counter top. "I'm sorry too. Slapping you was just an adrenaline rush, I didn't know what to do."

"I didn't mean for it to happen!" Hannah yelled, shoving her head into James' shoulder. He took it by surprise and flinched. James quickly warmed up and wrapped his arms around Hannah's back. "I wanted to know why..."

"We kept it a secret from you. Yet, we all knew you'd find out anyways." James murmured. "So technically I deserve a slap."

Hannah sat back up, tears staining her face. She laughed and looked at him with a flushed face. Hannah smiled, "You're such an idiot."

"And you're a smartass." James replied.

Hannah didn't care anymore so she hit James' shoulder slightly and laughed. "Thanks for the compliment, Jamesy!"