Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Fifteen. Jane thinks to himself, my daughter is fifteen now which means that we've been in this program for five years.

He walks through the house but stops to see Lisbon's car pulling up in the driveway. Five years and they still haven't caught Red John, maybe they never will. It took him a while but after Lisbon taught him how to use a gun she felt comfortable with him being alone with Charlotte so long as they didn't go to much out of the open.

He always found it interesting how caring she was towards the both of them, it already felt like Lisbon was part of the family. The bond she formed with Charlotte, the protectiveness over him, not to mention she stopped by nearly every afternoon for dinner or just to talk.

In his eyes he was nothing, Jane completely believed every word in the letter Red John had so kindly taped on Angela's door. But Teresa saw him differently, like she knew he was a good person under it all. She meant everything to him because of that. No one loved him like she did, no one cared that much, therefore he will do whatever it takes to make it up to her. To be the better person, no more arrogance, no more greed. Sadly, he told himself that a few months ago and he is just as arrogant as ever.

Lisbon looks disappointed as she opens the side door of her car and Charlotte exits the car? This can't be good.

"Charlotte? Sweetheart what is going on?"

Charlotte glares at her father.

"That bitch deserved it."

She storms in the house and slams the front door as loudly as she could. Jane looks to an exhausted Lisbon for an explanation.

"Someone at the school was arrested for heroine and said that your daughter had sold it to her. Then Charlotte was apprehended and when I told her what was going on she attacked the girl. It took some time but I was able to clear her name with the drugs, the only issue we are facing now is that when she attacked the girl and I pulled the apart she punched me, Charlotte's committed a felon Jane. And my fellow officer is a witness. We could press charges Jane, I'm sorry Jane but I've never broken the law before and I don't intend to now."

He takes a step back, trying to process this.

"What would the sentence be?"

"Since she's not 18 she won't be held at a a State Court but at a District Court instead which is the lowest form of Court. That gives us leverage, we can push for community service with a good lawyer. There's also another opportunity where she can work her years with me."

"You- you would do that for her?"

"Only if she lets me. She has the decision to go to jail or work with me."

"Thank you. For this."

Lisbon crosses her arms and frowns, disappointment coming off of her in waves.

"Jane, to be frank with you she is being a brat. I'm not going to tolerate this again."