Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Okay so...what was mom's favorite desert?"

"Apple pie."

Charlotte sat on the couch hugging a pillow and asking her father all sorts of questions about her mom. In her excitement that Jane would finally talk she had blanked and all of the questions were simple ones. Jane was only doing this to hold her back from stealing again. Ever since Teresa found evidence that Charlotte witnessed her mothers murder he was afraid of the memories resurfacing so he made it a point not to talk about Angela. But she had the right to know, so as long as she asks simple questions surely nothing bad will come of it.

"So did mom have a job?"

"No, she stayed at home since she was pregnant but we still didn't know what you would turn out to be. I payed for everything when I was a psychic."

"Did she ever help with your shows? What made mom happy? Did you guys want a boy? What was it like being famous?"

This was getting dangerously close to the murder.

"Angela and I worked together at the circus, she was my magician girl that I would make disappear or help me with my act. I made her happy, Angela depended on me for everything. It was the one thing I didn't like, she never got to angry or tried to stop me from anything she let me do whatever I wanted. As for a kid? It didn't matter what gender it would turn out to be, we were so excited that we would be parents that gender was never really thought of. At least for me, Angela however was hoping for a girl."

Charlotte giggles and holds her pillow tighter loving every minute of this.

"You still haven't answered my question, what was it like being-"

"I think that's enough for tonight, it's getting late and you have school tomorrow."

"But dad!"

"I love you Charlotte, go to bed."

"Fine."

She pouts but obeys and goes to her room, leaving Jane to his own devices. He dials Lisbon's number and waits for her to pick up.

"Jane I'm in the middle of a meeting can you call me back?"

"Lisbon, Charlotte's asking questions."

"..."

"Lisbon?"

"I will be there soon."