Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Charlotte's in her room, we had better go outside."

"Alright."

Lisbon follows Jane to the backyard noting her friend's fear. Once outside Jane seems to scan the yard as if he thought his daughter would appear out of nowhere.

"Jane, what is going on?"

"Charlotte's asking questions."

"I don't see the problem here, is this really why you pulled me out of the meeting?"

"Lisbon, she's asking questions! These five years I have made it a point to prevent her from asking anything! You said it yourself that there was evidence that Charlotte was there, she saw her mother get killed Lisbon I don't want her to remember that!"

"But isn't this a good thing? Charlotte will remember eventually, everyone with amnesia does it's just some take longer then others."

Jane is appalled by her behavior.

"I can't believe your not on my side on this!"

"Jane think about it, you are her father. Every daughter's hero is her father, when Charlotte remembers what happened she will need you more then ever! You can protect her from her own anxiety and fear it's better that she remembers now, when she still lives with you, then later when she's in college!"

"She shouldn't have to remember it at all."

Jane snaps at her.

"She also shouldn't be kept from her mother."

"But-"

"Charlotte deserves the truth Jane, you are her father it's best if you tell her."