VII

"What are you doing this weekend?" I took the seat across from Cassidy at the lunch table.

She glanced up from her writing. "I don't know," she shrugged.

"Go out with me!"

"Whoa, wait-"

"Not like a date," I reassured. "Just say yes."

Cassidy raised an eyebrow at me in confusion. "I don't know-"

"Please, just say yes," I pleaded. "I promise you won't regret it."

Her green eyes stayed on me for a while before she eventually rolled them in a circle. "Fine. When?"

"How about Friday night?"

"That's tomorrow."

"Then tomorrow it is!" I said knocking against the wooden table. "How does 6 o'clock sound?"

"That'll work."

I smiled at her. "Perfect. I'll pick you up at 6 then?"

"Uhm.." she hesitated. "Sure."

-

I stood on Cassidy's front porch with my back to the door. When I heard the knob click, I turned to see her squeezing through the gap, closing the door behind her. She was dressed differently than she was at school. Her black jeans were replaced by denim shorts with sheer black tights beneath, and her band t-shirt and denim jacket were replaced with a black and white stripped shirt and leather jacket. Her silver hair stuck out beneath her green beanie. When she looked up at me, I could see she had some dark brown eye makeup which made her eyes stick out even more.

Cassidy smiled softly and raised an eyebrow at me. "Is something wrong?"

I didn't realize I had just been gawking at her. I snapped out of my trance and shook my head. "No, it's just -" I tried to search all the words in my vocabulary to find the one that'd be best. "Stunning." She smiled and hung her head to hide the blush that was still visible. When her eyes met mine again I could see the happiness I had seen the other day at the park. "Come on."

"And what exactly are we doing?" she asked looking at me with curious orbs.

I smiled at her. "You'll see."

She followed behind me to the curb. "Is this yours?"

I didn't see her face, but I could tell by her tone that she was impressed by the motorcycle on the curb. I looked over my shoulder at her and smiled. "Yeah," I answered. "Are you okay with riding on a motorcycle?"

Her face lit up as she nodded. "Yeah! I love motorcycles!"

I smiled as I grabbed the spare helmet I brought and handed it to her. She put it on her head and I assisted her with the straps before putting my own on. I sat on the bike and she swung her leg around to the other side. I revved the engine and heard a soft laugh come from Cassidy. I turned my head so she could hear me. "Hold on!"