Chapter 2: Lion in a Leopards' lair

The woman he just met teleported and she carried him with her. Although he could move in unhumanly pace—all thanks to his animal-- the feeling of moving from one place to another in a matter of seconds by vanishing and appearing was foreign to him. It astonished him how the woman who’s hugging him right now could do this. Wait…she’s wrapping her arms around him? She’s a stranger yet she could freely act like she’s a pack? He felt uncomfortable so he tried to break free and even loosened his grip that he was not even gripping her wrist anymore. Megan sensed this and pushed him away to break her contact with him as they appeared. In a flash, she teleported.

                But the man was stubborn and glued his hold on her shoulders. When Megan appeared, she felt his skin clenching her tightly. Megan huffed in frustration. “You stubborn cat! You really want to know me? Sure! I’ll identify myself later.” The man replied with confusion in his face, but he was apparently on his guards. “LATER.” A demand from Megan before she teleported.

                It fascinated him how the woman who’s dragging him to somewhere he did not know could fight Arrows, teleport, and demand from a sentinel, from a high-ranking officer of the strongest leopard pack of America.

                Because of his fascination of her his grip of her wrist behind her back loosened to the extent that he was only holding it. It was at that moment when he realized he seemed like hugging her back by virtue of his arm which was wrapped on her waist. The momentary fascination ended immediately. He gripped it tighter. Megan stopped teleporting and scowled at him. “Loosen your grip. I am not escaping.” Of course, she would not be able to teleport faster when she’s jerking.

                To his surprise, he yielded. Shocked by his willingness, his brain automatically convinced him that he would retaliate. The “later” that she was talking about would be the time he’d be gripping her wrist so tight that she would have no choice but to answer his questions. There was no way that this woman would be able to get away from Jackson Wang, a sentinel of the DarkRiver pack.

                In less than a minute—at least that was how Jackson felt it-- of teleporting and touching slash subtle embracing, Megan stopped. Realizing this, Jackson materialized his plan and tightened his grip on her wrist. The searing pain from her wrist prevented her from speaking properly, only making her let out shrieks of pain. “Damn it. Loosen your grip. I cannot explain.” She yelled.

                Are you commanding me? Jackson thought. But he still loosened his grip.

                “Okay that’s better. Now, do you smell two kids?”

                Jackson sniffed the air. He could smell two kids, and an Arrow around the area. He prepared himself to battle again because of the presence of the Arrow. However, he sensed that the Arrow’s scent was stable. It was not moving yet it’s near within the scents of two kids. Without even letting him answer, Megan butted. “Those two are my siblings. Now if you may, please transform into an animal.”

                “ARE YOU SERIOUSLY COMMANDING ME?” He finally raised his voice to this woman as he raised a quizzical brow. He’s not used with strangers giving him orders, most especially women he did not know. A sentinel of DarkRiver, someone who’d be a candidate for the alpha position, the dominant Jackson Wang is indeed being commanded by a stranger, and a woman at that.

                “Not unless you want them to see you naked.” A feline smile dyed her face. Her matter-of-factly intonation and grin made Jackson’s heart skip a beat. Jackson was surprised of his body’s response. Now his body is betraying him. After being hard over her, his heart now skips a beat. Jackson could not even let the taste of betrayal sink in now that Megan had already transformed.