Chapter 6: What would you do?

Jackson knocked on Lucas’ office. He was informed earlier that they have intel on the identities of their guests. Lucas wanted Jackson to hear the information gathered. “Come in.” coming from Lucas’ voice inside the room.

                Jackson saw Vaughn, Dorian, and Lucas in a room. Vaughn looked at Jackson with his almost gold colored eyes. He came near Jackson and lightly punched his arm. As revenge, Jackson tousled his thick amber-gold hair. The jaguar in Vaughn growled. He shifted his attention to Dorian. Dorian just snarled at him before he even tousle his hair, to do what Jackson likes doing among male pack members.

                Lucas was expecting his sentinel to touch him, the touch of a brother’s welcome. Jackson knew this yet he just grabbed a chair and smirked at him. The four of them laughed at his nasty joke. Lucas threw the nearest folder within reach. Jackson thought it had something in it. He was expecting Lucas to retaliate by giving him additional work yet it had nothing in it. He snorted. Lucas grinned when he read his actions.

                His friends, high-ranking officers of the pack were gathered in one room. Jackson could only wonder what the fuss was if it’s only about their guests.

                Lucas sat on his chair and nodded to Dorian. The male leopard took his datapad and flashed the screen. According to their intel, and all thanks to Dorian’s brain, what Megan told them was true. The Earth Vanguards were attacked by arrows. There was still no accurate information on the toll of casualties involved. Their informant could not pass through the Arrows who were guarding the area.

                Jackson crossed his legs while rubbing his chin when Dorian swiped the screen. A picture of Megan’s family appeared. The family picture incited a seeping pain in his insides. The family which can never be reunited, Jackson thought. Dorian focused on her father, Earth Vanguard’s alpha Max Go. Mid-50s alpha. He had established himself among prides since he was young.  Got accepted in the pack’s force when he was 8. He was also the previous alpha’s son. He had connections within Psy Organization for business purposes. Although he had the support of Psy in terms of their business, it did not change the fact that they were attacked by them.

Dorian swiftly moved his hand and focused on her mother. For a moment, Jackson thought it was Megan who looked older and colored her hair with black. The resemblance was so strong that she’s a facsimile of her mother. Carbon copy indeed. Without a doubt, Megan inherited her mother’s facial features. Her mother, Anna Lisa Davila, was once a Psy agent in their internal affairs. She defected when she was 21 after she mated with Max. She’s a mid-level Psy of two abilities. She was both telepath and telekinetic. Knowing that mid-level Psy could increase their gradient by adding up the gradient of their other ability meant that her mother could be a cardinal Tp and Tk whenever she liked.

Now, Megan’s and Caesar’s abilities made sense to Jackson’s brain. It’s because of genetics that they have those psychic skills. Although they have not yet mentioned their gradient, Jackson could sense that their psychic abilities could be like their mother’s too.

Dorian moved on to Megan. Her picture flashed the screen. Her warm smile was attached on her face. It seemed to be her trademark. Jackson felt the insides of his body jump from seeing that smile filled with joy, a smile before every Arrow came to flock her.

Although he was listening to Dorian a while ago, Jackson knew that the ears of both animal and man are open, both were quiet as they try to focus on what would Dorian tell. But Dorian’s not saying anything while their gazes were pinned on Jackson. His friends understood his concentration. They already have their mates and they knew what it felt like to be interested in someone. And that was something that they could see through Jackson’s emotionless face. His friends exchanged glances and chuckled.  “Damn it. Continue.”  Jackson waved his hands and folded his arms.