{1} so full of it

- Selena's -

I'm not complaining because of the position I am in right now. I'm trying not to think of how much I don't want to be here. I'm processing why everyone is screaming at a teeny, tiny, small ball that apparently bounces up & down upon contact with another human being.

My one & biggest hatred - High School basketball tournaments.

I get it that most of the hotties in the school have miraculously come together to play basketball but to be honest, we're only watching because of that. Our team pretty much sucked, truth be told. And for the guys, the school conveniently placed scadily dressed cheerleaders in the sidelines.

It's a win-win situation. 

Except if you were me.

I'm not a rebel who's totally against the school system and is trying to fight the norm. I'm in no way special than everyone else just because I've got a different mindset. I'm definitely not the mysterious girl every guy seems to fall in love with eventhough I've got a boring personality.

Just a reminder... This isn't a teenage movie. This is real life. And in my real life, I'm referred to as the shining golden ball. Yes, I've got a 4.0 GPA. Yes, I've participated in more clubs than you can imagine. And yes, to add on, I do volunteer work during my summer free time.

I'm not doing it because I want to be a perfect student or be a perfect role model to any child below the age of 5 - I do it because someone has to. Someone needs a 4.0 to get a degree. Someone needs to participate in clubs in order to get things done. And someone needs to make a change in society.

I do it because someone needs to do it.

But I guess everyone thinks otherwise because they all seem to think I'm some kind of machine that produces great achievements. Matter of fact, I'm probably one of the most negative people they've ever met. Surprise, surprise.

"Wipe that frown off your worried face, Lena. It's a basketball game, not a funeral." Lucy poked me in the ribs, making me jump in surprise. I looked over at my watch and onto the crowd to find him. It was hard to look past the chaos behind me.

I'm not bitter, I'm just distracted for tonight.

Although people seem to think so, I haven't fully settled into the school just yet. 

I moved here last summer after my father married this lady who used to host Dancing Dogs. She got pretty rich from that so immediately I got the mindset that she was going to be the Stepmonster. Not until I met her son who turns out to be the horrid stepbrother. 

The minute my father announced the engagement, I could feel the hairs on my skin stand still. Not that I don't like, Jessica, she's a pretty nice lady but she's got something against me for some reason and I'm sure it's because I look like my mother.

It's her son that drives me crazy. We don't really talk much but he gives me such a bad feeling. He has this look in his eyes whenever he's in the corner of a room and the way he spoke told me that he was lying with every breath.

It's no wonder that I slept through the whole wedding reception. I don't exactly remember how but when I woke up I found myself in the lobby's sofa while the whole ceremony took place in the ballroom. I guess, even my mind & soul was telling me the marriage was a bad idea.

I thought I was going to live with my father but three weeks into the marriage, right before school started, they moved away and I agreed to stay here with my mother... It wasn't any better but--

"Oh my god!!!" Lucy screamed. I got out of my daze state and looked at the court to see that our team has finally scored a goal. "They actually did it!" she clapped excitedly, bringing me into a tight hug. I was also feeling quite happy that they finally scored a goal and cheered along with her.