Chapter 3

Grayson's POV

My eyes widened as I stared at Adrian. Did he think I was gay? I wasn't, but why would he think that. I was straight, I liked girls, and I always would. Not that I had ever been with one, but I'd like to.

Maybe he was just messing with me. Yeah, he had to be messing with me.

Before Adrian could suspect anything, I let out a small laugh. "Thanks for that information but I don't think I'll be needing it."

Adrian shrugged and grabbed the Mario Kart disc, placing it in the correct console. "I heard he was in a relationship anyways." He tossed me one of the controllers before sitting on the white carpet, me carefully moving down next to him.

"So do you play football?" He glanced at me as the game started up.

"Well I played with my dad when I was younger and I was hoping to tryout this year." I crossed my legs under me as I got ready to beat the shit out of him. Not literally, figuratively.

"Really? I'd love to see you tryout." He glanced at me, starting up the game.

"Yeah. When are they?"

"They're actually next Tuesday and Wednesday after school."

"Alright. I'll try to remember that."

We then fell into a comfortable silence as we raced each other, both competing for first place. I couldn't let him beat me, a person who spent all of his free time playing video games.

"Last lap motherfucker!" I yelled as I started the last lap, moving my body with the turns of the road on Grumble Volcano. I don't mean to brag or anything but I've never lost that course.

As I was reaching the end of the track, someone hit me with a blue shell, letting Adrian pass me and win the game.

My eyes widened and I dropped the remote after passing the finish line.

"What? How? That was so unfair!" I yelled loudly, turning to the boy next to me. Instead of understanding my situation like any kind human being would be doing he was laughing at me. "Why would you laugh at such a time like this? You should be supporting me, helping me through this hard time!"

"That's just a too funny. You were so mad." He says between laughing fits. After he calmed down he stood up. "Lets go throw a ball in the backyard. I'd like to know the newest member of my crew."

"Sounds great." I muttered and stood up, nervously biting my lip as we went downstairs. This was sure to be interesting.

I follow him down their side staircase, a home with two staircases, seriously? And we walked outside. He grabs a ball from a bin, facing me with a smirk.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." I grumbled in response.
*****
I felt as if I was in an interrogation. Adrian kept asking me questions that I didn't know if I felt comfortable answering. A lot were personal, but I found ways to answer without revealing too much about myself.

By the time he felt content with his questions, it was already dark.

"I should probably head home, my mom might start to worry." I said as I tossed him the ball one last time.

"What are you? A momma's boy?" He teased before nodding. "You can go." He led me back inside to get my stuff. "I'm not going to force yo to sit through a dinner with my parents and I, especially since they will actually be home tonight."

"Are your parents not home often?" I didn't mean to be mosey, but he had been the one to mention it.

"No. My dad is usually out on business trips every week and my mom is usually too busy at the hospital to spend time with me." Adrian shrugged before grabbing his car keys.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm taking you home dummy, considering you don't exactly have a ride." He flicked my forehead and started to head outside, making me follow close behind.

I blushed as I realized that he had, in fact, driven me there. I looked down at my feet and grabbed my backpack, following him to his car.

"Thanks again. I actually had a lot of fun today, which is kind of surprising."

"What do you mean?" He asks, his voice laced with curiosity.

My eyes widened as I processed what I had just said, how was I going to fix that mistake?

"Oh, um, I thought everyone would be rude to me, considering I'm new and all. I always thought new kids were bullied." I said nonchalantly, trying to play it cool.

"Well that's the nice thing about our school, people don't get bullied." Adrian got into the car as I rolled my eyes. People were treated like they were dirt if they weren't popular. Carl's life was a living hell because of people like Adrian, but the were all to dim witted to see it.