Becoming One (Part 2 of Exposed)

Neil and Shweta quickly drove to Sukoon House, when they found Avni quickly packing and trying organinze the kids into grabbing their stuff.   Avni was trying to answer Sunehri's questions.  

"Sunehri, its's not safe!  Vidyut is gonna find out, and then Neil and our family will be destroyed!  I won't let that happen.  I have lived thru that before, I will not let anyone destroy my family.  Especially my Papaji."

"Avni, please stop.  Stop running!  We are going home now!!!   Everyone, so I don't want hear one word out of your mouth!! " yelled Neil as he walked into the room.

"But,"

"Avni, not one word!  Just grab what is needed and the rest can come later."

"Avni Beta, let's get this done as quick as we can." said Shweta

Later that night, back in the Khanna house, the kids were sleeping in two rooms, where as the Sitara and Tara had their room.  Sunehri had a room to herself.  They had all gone to bed, realizing that Avni needed to spend some time with the Khanna family, to explain herself.

Shweta, Neil and Mitali had explained everything that had happened, Prakash fell on the sofa in shock,  Neil quickly explained that it wasn't anyone's fault except Vidyut.  

"It doesn't matter anymore, cause Vidyut will be free and we will all be in danger!" cried Avni

"Actually Avni, Vidyut confessed to everything a couple of days ago.  He confessed to Juhi's murder, and framing Prakash.    He's dying."

"Good!" cried Avni.

Bebe decided it was late, tempers were high, everyone needed to calm down.  She decided everyone would go to bed and rest, and would calmly talk in the morning.

Avni went upstairs and went to sleep with Sunehri.  When Neil came into his room, he realized that Avni wasn't there.  He had assumed that she would sleep in their room.  He went looking for her, she wasn't in the kids room, neither Bebe's room, he found her in Sunehri's room sleeping.

"I will get you back.  I will fix this. We will become one happy family."  thought Neil.  

 The next morning Avni woke up, confused.    She didn't know where she was.    As soon as she got dressed, she went out of the room.  As she was walking down the stairs, she started to yell for Sunehri.

"Avni Beta, you are in your house.  You are finally home and safe."  said Shweta.

"Beta, you have woken up.   Let's get some breakfast.   Then I will explain everything."  said Prakash.

Everyone had breakfast, and Prakash took Avni into the living room, where everyone was waiting.

Prakash held Avni's hands and started to explain things to her.    Last night, Prakash was angry, but today, he was resigned.   He knew that Neil was repenting, he knew that Neil loves Avni madly but he was angry at Neil but he knew that Avni will only feel safe with Neil at her side.   He knew he had to let go of his anger and his guilt otherwise his family was be broken beyond repair.

"Avni Beta, you are our daughter in law, Prakash Khanna's daughter.  You are Avni Neil Khanna.  Neil Khanna's wife.   You are Ayesha Haider, Neela Pariek, and Shweta Khanna's daughter.  You are Mowgli's mother.    You are the gem of our house.    You have fought and won against evil but in this fight you have lost alot."  said Prakash

"Lost?" asked Avni

"Yes, beta, lost.  Five years ago, we lost you, you left thinking it was the only choice, that everyone would be safer if you were gone, but that is not true.

"Um," Avni looked around, she thinking is she safe, the kids.

"Beta, you and Neil got married under strange circumstances, your Neela Ma is the reason you got married, but staying together was both the decision of you  and Neil.  You two fell in love, in spite of all the issues.   And that love is still there, I see it in your eyes, in Mowgli and the way you would still protect this family" said Prakash

"Of course I would protect this family, this is my family and I would go thru any lengths to keep it safe" asked Avni

"I know tempers are flying high, both you and Neil have high tempers, which are scaling right now.  Neither one of is wrong, but the situation is which was created by Vidyut.   So let's calm down, relax and don't push each others buttons.   Remember the love that brought you together.   It was destiny that separated you, but it is the same destiny that brought you together.  Let's just be happy that we are all together now."

"ok,  I won't push."  said Avni

"How about you, Neil and Mowgli spend some time together.     Enjoy the day." said Prakash.

After a couple of weeks, things were somewhat in the normal range.  Neil and Avni had started to understand each other.  They took care of Mowgli and the family but they couldn't attempt to take a step towards each other.  Avni and Neil were too scared.  Shweta, Prakash and Bebe watched the scared couple that took care of everything and everyone, but was playing a cat and mouse game with each other.

Bebe decided that Avni and Neil should get remarried.  With all the traditions, and functions.  This time everything would happen as planned.    Most importantly, Avni will the correct bride not a replacement, she will feel like a bride, a wife.  She is already a daughter, a daughter in law and mother but she doesn't accept herself as a wife.   As soon as the idea was brought up, the preparations had started.   Neil took Avni out for a walk to discuss this new development, he didn't want Avni to feel pressurized into marrying him.

"Avni, are you sure?  I know that you are scared, but do you want this?  I love you, and I am ready to marrying a 100 times.  I just want you to be sure that this is what you want.  If you don't, we don't have to do this.  I am okay with whatever you want to do.   I just want you to be happy." said Neil.

"I'm fine.  Yes, I am scared cause everytime my life is filled with happiness something happens.    But I am sure.  I am okay for the marriage.  I believe this may be the thing, the wedding, will bring a positive change in our family.  Everyone is walking on eggshells, thinking it may hurt me, but I am stronger than that.  I can handle anything that is thrown my way."  said Avni

"You need to promised me that no matter what, small or big, we make the decisions together.  I don't want to go thru anything like the last five years.   It was a certain type of hell." replied Neil.

"It was the same for me, except I was the one putting us thru it.  I didn't know how else I could keep our family safe."  whispered Avni

"So it's agreed.  You will marry me." smiled Neil.

 "Yes. Maybe this is what is needed.  A change.   Maybe the other wedding was cursed.  We weren't engaged, there was no mendhi, haldi, even the wedding was suppose to have another bride.  Maybe if we do things properly, maybe this time it would be blessed and we could live a quiet, peaceful life." replied Avni.

"I agree.  Maybe afterwards, maybe we could have some playmates for Mowgli?" asked Neil

"What?  You want more children?" asked Avni

"Yes, but only with you.  I want to see you pregnant.  I want be there for your cravings, and trantrums.  I want see and say, 'I did that',  I want hear them say 'Papa' for the first time, and to teach them how to walk.   I want you to want them, cause I am not gonna have any more children if you don't want to.    I want all this, but only if you want to.   I only want a life with you and only you.   My past, your past have hurt us, but we have overcome those issues.   I have been lost with out you.  I don't function well without you.  You balance me.  We have played the hatred game, and both of lose in that.  I want to live, and live happily with you.  I rather have you fighting with me, rather live without you.  So tell me, are you under any pressure from Bebe or Ma?  Cause if you don't want to marry me.  It's ok.  I can wait for you forever.  If you don't want to get marry, we won't but don't ever leave me."  said Neil hugging Avni.