Reunited (Part 1)

DD called Prakash about five months after Avni had perished in the fire,  Neil still had hope that Avni escaped the fire, but after all these months, the rest of the family had accepted that Avni was no more.   DD had called Prakash due to a situation that had arised in Neela Pariek's home.   Though she had died, Avni didn't want to lose her last connection to her mother.      DD had asked Prakash to bring Neil and the rest of the family to Neela's home.

The Khanna family came to the Pariek home, they noticed that there was a police presence along all the exits, and could hear yelling that was coming from inside the house.  They had realized that someone had broken into Neela's home.  Someone that was yelling about her mother.  As they walked into the room, they noticed that there was a pregnant woman who had her back to them.  She was holding her back, rubbing it as she yelled at DD, asking for her mother.  As they walked into the room, DD signaled the other officers to wait outside.

"Inspector, where is my mother.  Why have you detained me.   Why are you not answering my questions.    I want answers now!!" yelled the lady.  

As Neil heard her voice, he whispered, "Avni"

The lady turned around, and shocked everyone.  Avni was alive.  Pregnant.  Mad.  She looked confused.

"Avni"  yelled everyone.

Neil ran towards her, hugged her, grabbed her face and kissed it all over.  "Avni!  You're alive!  Promise me you will never leave me.  I missed you so much!"

Avni pushed him, "Stay away from me!  How do you know my name!" 

Neil looked at Avni in shock, as did the rest of the family.  

"How do you know my name.  Do you know me?  Where's my mother?  If you know me, you must know my mother, Neela Pariek.  How do you know my name. Do I know you?"  asked Avni tearfully.

As Avni asked her questions, she again shocked the Khanna family.  Avni was acting like she has never met them before.

"DD, call the doctor.   Avni sit down, we will explain everything to you, after you have been checked by the doctor"

"Doctor?  Why?  I don't need a doctor.  I need my mother."  stated Avni

"Avni, you are pregnant.  Before we proceed on any matter, I want a doctor to check you."  said Neil

"Who do you think you are?  I don't have to take this" said Avni starting to get up from her seat.

"I am ACP Khanna.  The doctor should be here in a few minutes.   The faster the doctor clears you, the sooner you get answers.  In return, we need to know what happened to you."  said Neil.

A few minutes later, a doctor came in and checked Avni.   As she was being checked, DD filled Neil and Prakash with what he knows.    DD mentioned that he knows nothing, except that she didn't recognize him, she asked him what he was doing in her mother's home.  One of the neighbors noticed some activity in the home, and called me.  I came with a few officers, and when we arrived, Avni Bhabi was going thru the house calling for Neela Auntie.   I couldn't tell her.   I called you first, and then I called Prakash Uncle."

"My phone was on silent.  We need to find out what happened to Avni.    Since I am on leave from the police force, I need you, DD, to look into this carefully.  I will be helping you, but my name can not be mentioned because of my connection to Avni.  You need to be careful.  I believe Vidyut is involve but how, we need to find out.  But very carefully..."  was saying when the doctor, Avni along with Bebe and Shweta walked into the room after Avni's examination."

"So doctor, how is Avni? The baby?" asked Neil

"She is fine, just a little dehydrated.  I have prescribed some vitatimins, along with being hydrated.  I would like her to come see me at the office in a week.    As of Ms. Avni's memory,  I could take a guess, I would say that Ms. Avni was injured, which caused memory loss.  She has memories of her childhood,  till about two years ago.  She remembers moving to Mumbai, but she doesn't remember much after that."

"Ok doctor.  Thank you."  Neil said as the doctor left.

"Ok, now that the doctor has checked me out.  Please tell me what's going on.  Who are you guys.   I know you must be important otherwise you wouldn't have called the doctor."

"Ok, Beta." said Prakash.

"Avni Beta, we are the Khannas."  said Shweta

"Avni, this is our father, Prakash, our mother Shweta and grandmother Harleen otherwise known as Bebe.  This is Dakhal Dayal, otherwise known as DD and your devar.   I am Neil." said Neil

As Neil said his name, Avni got a weird look in her eyes, and lightly pull at her top.

"What?"  asked  Neil

"Ummm" Avni got a resigned look on her face, the pulled her top towards the side, so everyone saw that where there used to be a bullet scar, now was a beautiful tattoo, with the names, Avni (Wifey)  and Neil (Hubby)  around a heart.   "So I am gonna assume that you are my husband and the father of my child.

"Yes.   You are my wife.  Mrs. Avni Ayesha Neil Khanna.    We have been married for about a year and a half.  But I think that is enough questions,  the doctor did mention to let you remember gradually.    I introduced to our family, and now we shall go home."  stated Neil.

"Home!  But"

"This is your home but you live with your inlaws with me."  said Neil

"But where is Neela Ma, we have never lived away from each other." said Avni

"Neela Ma is away" said Neil

"But where?  She never goes without telling me." cried Avni

"Avni, the doctor said that you would remember slowly.  Where Ma is, she knows you are here with us.  Now, relax and let's go home.  You need to take care of yourself and the little one" said Neil.

"Papa, take everyone home, and make sure that Avni rests.  I will be home shortly."  stated Neil.

As Prakash took everyone home, Neil went to Gang 123 with DD, to try find out what had happened with Avni in the last couple of months.

After a few weeks, Avni was slowly remembering a few things here and there, but truth about Neela Ma was still hidden.  Neil came home with DD, with some news.    

"Dad, Avni, Ma, Avni, Bebe!!!"

"Neil, what is it?  We're all here"  said Prakash

"I found out the link. " said as he walked in the living room, where everyone was having tea.    Avni was resting her head in Shweta's lap,  getting a massage from her mother in law.

"Well, Tillu, speak up!" said Bebe

"It was Mitali.  My friend from the academy.  Juhi wasn't the mother of Mishty, it was Mitali.    Juhi's child was stillborn.   Mitali was married to Vidyut, she left him after she discovered his evil deeds.    Avni had asked for Mitali's help, gave her a letter with instructions to give it me at the during the prayers, but Mitali did not give me the letter.  Mitali kept the letter in her office at the police station, where DD found it looking in her drawer.  Once the letter was found, we found the connection between Vidyut, Mitali and Mishty.    Mitali saved Mishty, but left Avni in the fire, hoping that Avni would die.  Mitali has disappeared since Avni came back to the Khanna House, the only good thing that Mitali did was sending Mishty to a good boarding school.  Avni was supposed to die in the blast, but Ballu saved her and took her to the hospital.  Where Avni was in a coma for a couple of months.  They had brought to a NGO after she woke up, because Ballu was afraid to bring her, in case we thought he was the one to kidnap her."

"But why?  What did she want to accomplish?"  asked Shweta

"Once we find Mitali, we can find out?"  stated DD

"What did the letter say?"  asked Avni

"Basically, it said that you love me, would never leave me.   To trust you, you had a plan, to expose Vidyut, to be at Vidyut's house.  But I never arrived since I didn't receive the letter.