Chapter 2

"The what?!" Thomas asked, not mad, just confused. He had no idea what was happening, one moment he was in this dark box and now he was in this strange place, the boy before had called it 'The Glade' whatever that meant.

"The Maze. Under no circumstances can you go out there, you hear me?" Newt said, his face still covered with concern.

Thomas could tell the boy was being serious, so he just nodded. He really wanted to go in there, check it out. But he knew he couldn't. He tried not to let his curiosity take over and he walked away from the Maze.

Newt let out a sigh. "Now that that's over with, I think it's time we show you around." The boy said, now smiling as if nothing had just happened. "MINHO!" He called out to the group of boys that were gathered together.

One of the boys perked up his head and looked over at Newt. He was tall, he had short black hair. His hair looked as if it had tons of hair gel in it, but it was probably just that he hadn't washed it for awhile. The boy made his way over to them. "Hey, Newt. Hey, Greenie."

Newt smiled at the boy that Thomas guessed was Minho. "Show the new guy around. He's got a lot to learn." Newt smirked and walked off.

Thomas looked over at the boy, Minho looked back and smiled. "Welcome to the Glade, I'm Minho." He said and put out his hand for Thomas to shake.

Thomas grabbed it and shook it up and down. It was damp, probably from sweat. But Thomas didn't mind, he guessed his were the same. "I-I'm Thomas." He stuttered.

"Well, it's nice to meet ya Thomas. Welcome to the Glade, ya ugly shank." Minho said, slightly smiling. He could tell that Thomas was slightly offended by what he said. "Don't worry, I call everyone that." He said, playfully hit Thomas on the shoulder.

Thomas kinda liked this guy. He seemed kinda and playful, minus the part where he called him ugly. He slightly smiled. "So... I guess you'll be giving me a tour around this place?"

Minho nodded. "Yepp, I'm you're tour guide. So let's get started!" He said and clapped his hands. He began to walk, he glanced back at Thomas to make sure he was following. Quite surprisingly he was, quite inventively.

Minho showed Thomas the hammocks where they slept, the kitchen, homestead, the med-shack, everything's needed to see his first day. The tour finally closed but Thomas's burning question hadn't been answered. "What was out the Maze? Aren't you gonna show me that?"

Minho shook his head no. "Most definitely not. No one goes in there, no one ever has. It's too dangerous."

"If no ones ever been inside then how do you know it's so dangerous?" He questioned, crossing his arm. He just wanted to run into it and look around. He had been brought to this strange place, against his will will. He at least deserves the right to know what in God's name was going on.

"We don't exactly... but we know something's in there. There was this kid, Alby, he went into the Maze one night," Minho started, he didn't want to say the second part. Not wanting to frighten the Greenie.

"And?" Thomas asked, he wanted Minho to finish his thought.

"And he never came back," Minho said and sighed.