XI.

AFTER A WEEK WENT BY and things weren't getting better for Jodie; she had her daughter's funeral about two days ago, she had to deal with people coming to question her and her children haven't been doing so well in school.

Casper was the man who kept her on her feet for most of time, he never went through or been through mourning because no one that he knew as passed away and he couldn't imagine the pain but losing little Sadie was the first time in his life that he lost someone.

He held a cigarette in his lips as he stood on his porch, he was watching Jodie walk around in his beautiful flowers that were flourishing beautifully. He walks out towards her, he comes on the side of her and he grabs her hand. She turns to him, she looks at him and she walks closer to him. Casper wrapped his arms around her and she rested her head into his chest. "You weren't in your bed so I figured you went into town or something." He whispers and she felt the warmness of his body radiate against her in the cold air of the morning.

"I don't want to go Casper, I don't want to see him." She whispered and he felt wetness against his shirt, he wrapped his arms around her tighter and he kisses her head. "I know... this is the only way he gets the time that he deserves." Casper says and she began to cry because she just didn't know how to feel about all this. Ever since she left the hospital, she hardly has gotten any sleep and when she did she would have nightmares.

"Come on, we need to get you some sleep before we go." Casper says and he guides her back into the house, she sniffles as she lets him guide her. He guides her all the way to his bed, he lays her down and he tucks her back in. She murmurs something as she lays her head against his pillow. Casper moves her curls out of her face and he kisses her forehead. "I'll be back, I'm gonna check up on the kids then I'll be back to cuddle you to sleep." He whispers and she nodded her head as she closed her eyes.

He left the room, he went to the extra room and he quietly opens the door to see Sawyer fast asleep but Lana was wide awake and she looks at him, her hair was all over the place and she looked very restless. "You okay babe?" He asked her and she shakes her head as she wiped her eyes. "I had a bad dream." She says and she began to cry, he wanted to skin Colin alive for torturing these kids because they never deserved it.

He picks her up and began to rock her like a baby. Casper kisses her head as he began to hum a song that his mother use to sing to him when he was young, he had the worse nightmares as a child until he got to his teenage years they stopped suddenly. "Mother Maynard told the little girl, one day the angels are gonna come knocking at your door, take you to a place that you never been before... and the pain will go away, your bird will soar. Little one don't you cry now, the pain will one day take rest. You wouldn't have to worry then child.. because you're god will always take care of you at end, god will always take care of you at the end."

Lana stopped crying and she looks up at Casper as held her like a baby. "I really like that song." She says wiping her tears away and she slightly smiles at him, he sits her down on the bed and he ran his hands through her hair to take the knots out of them. "My mother sung that to me all the time, she really likes singing a lot and I could never get tired of her voice because that's how beautiful she sings." He says and he starts braiding her hair.

"I like your Momma." Lana says smiling and Casper finished her braid, she turns around to look at him and she tilts her head as she looks at him. "Can I ask you somethin'?" She asked him and he nodded with a smile. "Anything."
She looks down and she looks into Casper's eyes, she grabs his hand and her lip quivered. "Do you love us?" She questions him and he felt his heart beginning to palpitate.

"Of course I love you guys, with every bone in my body." He says and he grabs her face softly, he looks into her eyes. "I love you, Sawyer, your Mother and Sadie. I would go to hell and back for you guys, I would do everything in my power to make sure you guys are happy. I never been so in love in my life but I love you guys. What made you think I don't?"