Moving On.

Soul Mates.

02.

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>

"What?" Was the first thing that Phil said. He looked me in the eyes and I stared him down. From glancing at the name on the envelope to Phil's face that was zoomed in on the Plaza's Netscreen, it was certain.

This was not a joke.

Even the queen looked surprised. She stood there, microphone in her hand, open mouth, as of she's trying to say something.

But doesn't know what to say.

Nobody knows what to say.

"Please come with me." The unaffected android nodded at me, nudging me forward. "Uh..huh..." I trudged behind the android, and it led me out of the banquet hall. Once I was out, I heard the queen continue.

"Well, isn't that shocking! The first homosexual couple of New Commonwealth." Everyone clapped.

She tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible. But I heard the hatefulness of her tone. She loathed us.

As we emerged the drapes around the hall, we were met by Phil and the other android. He was staring at the floor, so I decided to do the same. The androids put us into the hover, and the engine started, the driver taking us to our new living accommodations.

I wanted to say something. I wanted to tell Phil that this was a mistake. But he beat me to it.

"This is bullshit. This is bullshit!" He punched the door of the hover, making it waver over the magbelt under the street. The driver turned back and yelled, "Knock it off, would ya'?" Phil sank down in his seat.

I went to pat his black hair, but I held back. I hate him as much as he hates me. I practically loathe him.

"This," Phil pointed at me, "This is all your fault. If you weren't so damn..."

"So damn what, Phil?" I shouted at him, "Nothing has ever held you back before so please. Enlighten me."

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO DAMN GAY?"

I scoffed at him, "Well if you think about it, you're just as gay as I am."

Phil opened his mouth to say more, but he then shut it. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Once we made it to the houses, I saw my parents standing with Phil's parents, asking each other if they had the wrong house. Phil and I both groaned. This is the epitome of my joy. Really.

Can't you tell?

We both stepped out of opposite doors and the four people standing in front of our faces gasped. "Phil, I thought you weren't..."

"Me too. Mom. Can you just leave?" Phil shouldered past her, running into his dad and slamming the door. I felt like crying.

"Dan...we accept you for...no matter what, even your sexual orientation." Mom shoved a smile forcefully between her cheeks. Dad tried to touch me, but I slapped his hand away.

"Go home."

And I, repeating Phil's actions, shouldered past my parents, slamming the door, and rendering them speechless.

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>

"Well how was I supposed to know what we were going to get matched?"

Phil pushed me to the wall, "Well, you could've fucked with the system, I don't know. Dammit!"

"Well look, I'm not even passing computers right now! How the hell would I know how to rig a bloody government system?!"

"Well you obviously know how, you were in love with me for a couple years!" He shoved me harder against the wall. "No."

"What?" Phil leaned back. I clenched my fists, and pushed him off, "No! No I never loved you. You think I like you? You think I have feelings for the guy who shoves me around and fucks with me? No. I don't, because guess what Phil, not everything revolves around you! Nothing is about you, because I don't like you. And now..."

I sighed and sat down on the already furnished living room's couch. "And now you're stuck with me." Phil continued.

"No shit, Sherlock. Congratulations on figuring out, want a cookie for it?" I shot back at him, sarcastically.

"Look, Daniel. We gotta make this work-"

"Make it work? Are you insane! For ten years, Philip. Ten years, you have done nothing but fuck with me, and pick on me, and to make up for it, you want to go get married and cuddle in the bed?" I shook my head and laughed, "I don't fucking think so."

"Well, we are living together so-"

"Wait," I shut him up, "I know you aren't okay with this."

Phil shrugged, "Gotta get used to it. I'm going to bed." He ran up the stairs and it was silent for a minute until he screamed, "Bloody fuck!"

"What?" I ran up to see what was wrong. "There is only one bed. One furnished bedroom."

"I'll sleep on the floor, thank you very much." I walked out and slammed the door behind me.

After making my we to the den, I removed my shirt and trousers, and glared at my body in the mirror. All of the bruises that were on my body. Because of this ass.

And now that ass lives with me.

"Do you really think I'm an ass?" Phil snapped behind me. I turned to him, about to make a comeback, but he gasped. "Did...where are those bruises from?"

I shrugged and he scratched his neck before exiting the den, heading back up the stairs.

I can tell that he's trying to be nice. But over the years, he became someone that I never knew. Or I wish I never knew, and just floated I the background while he lashed out on some other kid. But there I was. And I was now in the middle, wondering if I should run away, or fall into his arms.

But aren't we already living on the edge? The first homosexual couple of New Commonwealth. Are you serious?

Out of all the things I could've gone down in history as, I'm this. When I'm in history books, I will be laughed at as the kids, be seen as a hero to others.

Oh well.

I either gotta kill him.

Or make this work.

I sighed one more time before I pulled on a shirt, leaving my boxers on, and laid on the auto warming couch. It started to annoy me, so I turned on the A/C, and it instantly cooled the couch and I slowly started to fall asleep.

~

"Phil...I love you so much," I moaned as Phil lightly bit into my neck, trailing his lips down from my neck to my lower stomach.

He looked up, "I'm gonna make you feel so good, love." Phil pressed his lips to the base of my groin and I sat up, pushing his head down onto me.

"Dan...Dan..."

"DAN! Get the fuck up."

I sat up from the couch, sweating even though the air conditioning setting was on. I huffed, wiping my damp forehead, feeling the sweat run down my face, to the nape of my neck.

"Look, parents are coming today, get your ass ready." Phil pushed his hair back as I stared at him. That dream that I had...

Fuck.

I pushed my hair away from my forehead and huffed, "Alright. I'm up."