Breathless.

Soul Mates

05.

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>

The day after Philip's fantastic night with 'Chris', we both decided to put the entire situation behind us. Well, I just told myself to forgive, but never forget.

But I couldn't get the fact that I was a little jealous. Phil's stupid to try to make it better between us. Whether he would hold my hand or rubbing my leg, but I always brushed him off.

It was our first day back to school ever since the MMC. I drove us to school, and when we pulled up, Phil stopped me from getting out, holding my door closed.

"What?" I sighed, looking him in the eyes.

He leaned in and kissed my cheek for a good lingering second. I closed my eyes as I felt his warm lips on me. "Have a good day."

I blinked at him and we sat in silence for a good minute or two. "Yeah. You too." I smiled quickly before getting out of the hover, grabbing my bag, and heading to the front door of the school.

"Hey, Dan." I turned and PJ walked up, hands in his pockets and he looked at the ground. "Oh, hey Peej. What's up?"

"I heard about what happened with you and Phil. Damn, man I'm sorry." He hit my shoulder slightly and I smiled, "Nope, it's totally cool, minus the fact that we are both makes and we both hate each other's guts."

"That's not what I saw in the hover." PJ winked and we both laughed. "I'm also sorry about something else."

"Well, spit it out, PJ."

"I got matched to-"

A voice interrupted PJ, "Hey, PJ. So what are the plans for tonight?" We both looked at the girl run up. Jessica...

"I got...matched to Jess...I'm so sorry, man. I know how much you wanted this, but it just wasn't right." PJ shrugged and once Jessica noticed me, she scooted away slowly. I felt the back of my eyes and my cheeks get hot. I waved him off, "No, it's fine PJ. I'm happy for you. I really am."

He tried to keep the conversation going but I turned around and ran into the school. I heard someone run behind me, and then a warm hand on my back. "Are you okay?" Phil whispered and I gulped, trying to hold back the tears. "I'm uh. I'm fine." I turned down the corridor and hurried into the bathroom. Rushing past the urinals, I made my way into the third stall and I sat on the floor sobbing.

"Daniel?" I heard Phil say as he walked into the bathroom, the door sliding shut behind him. "Go away, Philip." I cried, giving away the stall I was in. "Make room," he spoke as he started to crawl under the stall. When half of his body was under the door, he pulled himself up and sat on the toilet, and looked at me.

"What?" I shrugged my shoulders at him and he sighed, "What's wrong?"

"Oh, what's wrong? You bully me for ten years and one name on a piece of paper makes you the nice guy?"

Phil stood up, "That one piece of paper means I'm stuck with you for the rest if my life."

"Stuck?" I snorted in and looked him in the eyes, "You were the one trying to get down my pants, get me jealous with some guy, and you think that makes it okay?"

"I heard your conversation with PJ. Are you upset because you still love her? Phil mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

I was quiet for a minute, "Yes, I do. I still do love her, because a couple days ago, we had sex. And it was kinky, and sexy and...a little bit awkward. Then you stepped in and ruined everything, Philip."