Driving Home

"Bye, Chels, I'll see you Monday," Logan said as he gave me a short hug. "Competition was great."

"Yeah, it was," I replied with a small smile.

"Bye."

"Adios."

I opened the passenger door of my brother, Caleb's, car and climbed in. Since my car was at the shop getting its oil changed, he had to pick me up. Caleb was a senior, but was a little more than a year older than me in age. We were super close because it was just us two kids and our parents, plus our dog, Loki. 

I looked at my phone. It was 12:39 a.m. 

"So, sis, who's that guy who was all over you? You do realize you can't have a boyfriend until I approve, right?" Caleb asked as we drove off.

I could feel my face turn red. "Umm, that's Logan. And no, we're not dating and I don't have a boyfriend."

"Do you like him, though?"

I hesitated. Even though I usually told Caleb everything, for some reason I had felt strange bringing this up around him. Logan was different than all the other guys I had liked. He was more... real, I guess.

"Yeah, I think I do," I finally responded.

"Does he like you?"

"I mean, maybe. We've, um... gotten close before..."

"Chelsea Grace Addison, what did you do with this boy?"

"Oh, no, nothing like that!" I exclaimed, realizing how he took that sentence. "He's just hugged me a few times and let me take naps on his shoulder, that's all. And he held my hand on the way to the buses after competition."

"Hmm, I think he might like you. He's single, right?"

"Yup," I replied.

"Well, then, we'll just to see how this all plays out."

With that, we pulled into the driveway and the night was over.

A/N: That was a little bit of a filler chapter, so sorry it was short!! Also I'll try to update this as much as possible, so make sure you save this story to get notified when I add stuff!