The World Is Cruel

I look at the boy sitting across from me and can't help but smile. It's only been two months since I've known Cameron but I can already feel butterflies when he talks to me. I finish my french fries and dump out my tray in the trash.

"I'm going to go pee," I tell Cameron, shooting him a smile, as I reach inside my purse for my makeup bag.

"Do you," he responds with a sexy wink. I make my way to the bathroom and silently thank god that it's empty.

I get into a stall and drop to my knees and stick my finger far down my throat until my gag reflex kicks in and begin holding my sides while I vomit what feels like all of my insides.

Sorry if you thought this would be a happy story.

****

I get up from my knees and kick the toilet with my foot to make it flush then I make my way to the sink. I open my makeup bag-or skinny kit- as I like to call it and take out some eye drops.

My eyes quickly became red from throwing up and I make sure to clear them up with the drops and apply concealer under my eyes to hide my streaked mascara from my tear stained eyes.

I then pull out a mini bottle of mouthwash and swish it around my mouth, wouldn't want to get another cavity, I think to myself as I spit out the clear blue liquid. I then pull out a box of altoids and take one before heading out of the bathroom.

As I enter the cafeteria I notice Cameron is still sitting there looking deep in thought. I take a moment to admire his cuteness.

Most girls wouldn't go for him as he isn't exactly society's "ideal" look of a perfect guy. He's a little chubby and short for our age but beats me by about an inch in terms of height. Despite this though, I believe his cute face would out-win many guys who think they're the shit just because they have abs.

My mother also raised me to not be a shallow bitch who only cares about people's looks. I wish the rest of the world was raised that way. The world is a cruel place.