20: Love Song

Thank you for 5k reads! 🎉

-*-*-

Baekhyun hadn't gone home that night.

And the other nights that followed.

Chanyeol heard from Mrs. Byun that Luhan had asked for her permission to let Baekhyun stay overnight in their house for some nights, reasoning a project they need to finish by the end of the month. Luckily, Yeri had failed to notice the cold shoulders Chanyeol and her son has been giving each other for a while now.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, isn't okay about it. He thought Baekhyun would just stay for a night and at least go and try to fix things with Chanyeol the next day, but all he got was a "You'll understand me soon, Chanyeol. For now, I'm sorry." apology from his boyfriend. After the smaller uttered those words, he hadn't spoke to the giant for the next days that passed. Only messages containing 'good morning', 'eat your meals', 'be safe', 'goodnight' and 'i love you, giant' is all he's getting every day. And Chanyeol was not happy of it.

He wanted an explanation from Baekhyun. That's all he's asking for. Was that too much to ask?!

It was almost a week now since their argument back inside the classroom happened. Ever since that day, he barely had the chance to at least take some glimpse of his boyfriend.

Don't get him wrong. He's not playing hard-to-get or something. He just wanted Baekhyun to approach him, at least in a casual way or somehow, and fvcking tell him what he just did to make the latter turn cold unto him!

Was that really too much to ask?

Today, Chanyeol is stoically sitting on their usual spot inside the cafeteria. The only difference is that, the table for six was occupied by only one—and that one pathetic man is him.

Chanyeol couldn't understand anything anymore. He remembered Kai telling him about some place Sehun and him needed to be that lunch break, but he couldn't remember nor give a fvck about it, really. His mind was too occupied by a certain small guy god-knows how much he longed for now.

Finally giving up his pride, he stood up and grabbed his things before he made his way to the Accountancy Building. In his mind, he was already rehearsing the lines of apologies he's determined to state in front of Baekhyun, including the cries and pleads for the two of them to finally fix things up between them. Yes. He loved the smaller so much he doesn't really care about who did wrong anymore, he just wanted to get these over with and pull his Baekhyun back to where he belongs—back with him.

No one could actually blame Chanyeol. For when you love someone, you'll give up anything if it means having that person in your arms once again.

In every argument, it's not always the one who had done wrong that should apologize first. Sometimes, the person who understands the most should know when to lower the pride and take the initiative to reconcile.

Chanyeol will ask for Baekhyun's forgiveness. He will try and plead for the smaller to allow them both to patch things up. He will kneel down if he has to. He's that determined to get over these already.

Until he saw his boyfriend, eyes sparkling once again, now singing a song he couldn't hear due to his distance. Nevertheless, he still saw how happy Baekhyun was when singing, swaying his body left and right to the melody of the song his voice and that Minho-guy's strumming produces.

His heart clenched. He can't take it. No, he can't take it anymore.

The view of his boyfriend singing happily with another man, despite the fact that their relationship now is slowly becoming haywire, hurts Chanyeol so much.