Thirty Five

I threw my bag and keys on the counter in my house and buried my face in my hands.

Too much has happened in such little time.

My coffee with Jana was okay, and we talked a lot about various things.

She told me her perspective of what happened between us in the past and how she didn't mean to seriously hurt anybody, especially me, on purpose.

She told me about her past with Harry, explaining that she didn't tell me that she was dating him because he told her to keep it a secret from the public due to hate and all of that.

I felt as if I understood Jana a little more after our big conversation.

As I brought myself back to earth I removed my hands from my face and walked up to my room.

I gasped as I saw a pink box with a card on top of it lying on my bed.

I hurried over to it, looking down at the card.

Courtney was written in cursive writing over the top.

My heart ached as I realised who the author was.

Harry.

With trembling fingers I opened the card.

Courtney, where do I begin?

From the first day I laid eyes on you I knew that I had to make you mine.

From the way your eyes sparkled with excitement at the sight of the boys and I, to the way that your dress suited you perfectly, making your beautiful face stand out even more.

I immediately became attracted to your personality and knew that you were perfect for me, and I only hoped that I would be perfect enough for you, too.

As soon as I found out that I had to leave you for three months I was heartbroken. I think I cried for about a day. I couldn't bring myself to tell you the news; there was no way I was going to see you as heartbroken as I was. It would have killed me. In fact, it did.

I'm really sorry that you had to find out from my tweet. I swear, I was going to tell you later that day but then you found out for yourself. I hope you're not mad or anything, because I probably would have been if I were you.

Courtney, I can't even begin to explain my love for you; it is indescribable. But I can tell you this:

You've changed my life from the day that I met you. Your chirpy and bright personality never fails to light up my dark days, and for that, I can't thank you enough.

When we fought a couple of days ago, I can't tell you how heartbroken I was at the sight of you breaking down in front of me. I'm so sorry for the pain that I caused you that day, and if I could take the things I said back, trust me, I would. You've done so much for me, I only wish that I could do the same for you.

Courtney, I believe that together we can make it through these tough three months.

I promise you that when I get back I will make it up to you!

Stays safe and be happy! I'll see you soon, love of my life.

Lots of Love,
Harry x

Ps: I love you xo

My heart melted and my shaking fingers dropped the note on my bed.

I couldn't stop the tears no matter what I told myself.

I love him, so much, too much, that I couldn't even begin to explain it. And to think that he loves me back makes my heart melt even more.

I felt as if I am the luckiest girl in the whole world. I couldn't care less what people thought about me, or us. Not right now, at least.

When I was able to calm myself down a little more I re-read the letter twice, each time letting out a little sob or whimper at his choice of words.

I finally put the letter down after reading it three times, my hands reaching for the box that lay next to me.

I lifted of the top of the box and gasped.

Reaching my hands down to hold it, I gasped, as the beautiful blue dress felt amazing in my hands.

It's silk complemented the colour of it, and I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would look like on me.

My eyes got caught on something shining in the box and I reached in and grabbed it.

A gold necklace, sparking in the light.

I had to cover my mouth with my hand to muffle my gasp as more tears came.

Calm down, Courtney.

I took a deep breath before running into the kitchen and pulling out my phone to call Harry.

I groaned as I realised that he was still on the plane.

As I placed my phone back down I looked over at the clock.

It was only one thirty, and I had nothing to do.

My thoughts raced to Jess. I hadn't seen her in a while; she probably thought that I'd ditched her or something.

I picked up my phone again and dialled Jess' number.