02; fuck up

He was taken aback for a minute

It had been 2 months since that night, and 1 month since Finn got engaged

It had been 2 months since that night, and 1 month since Finn got engaged. I learned the girls name was grace. Ironic.

Meanwhile, jack was slowly falling into bad habits; drinking, yelling, hitting: it has been a week where he has hit me every night.

He wasn't the only one falling into old habits, though. I started staying out late, not sleeping, and smoking.

We were driving back down the L.A. for the weekend to met Finns new fiancé. Jack was blasting his rap music, which he knew I hated.

After a hour and a half long drive, we finally arrived to Finns apartment. For some reason, him and grace weren't living together yet, which I found weird. I mean, Finn and I moved in together a month after we started dating.

He was living in the same place as last time. Jack knocked on the door and after a minute, Finn came to the door.

"Hey guys!" He smiled, grabbing jack into a tight hug. He turned to hug me, and pulled away quickly.

He opened the door wider and let us in. Both Jack and I walked away, finn grabbed somebody and caught or attention.

"Guys, this is Grace." He smiled, kissing her on the cheek.

"Hi, you must be Gracie. I've heard a lot about you?" She smiled extending her hand. I took her hand and shook it.

"Heard a lot about me?" I questioned before fake laughing.

"Finn talks about you all the time. You guys must have been great friends." She laughed. Finn had his nervous smile on and stared at the floor.

"Anyways, we should. Enjoy the party!" He said before walking off with Grace.

Did he really tell Grace that we were just friends? I walked over to the alcohol and saw the rest of the boys.

"Hey boys." I smiled as I poured two shots for myself. They replied with some 'Gracie's' and 'oh hi's'. I poured the two shots back and sat making small talk with them for a while before I checked my phone. I was already 10:30.

"Hey, jack, I'm gonna go to the store really quick. Girl problems." I whispered before laughing. He said bye and I got up. Right as I walked away, Grace walked up to him. I didn't think much of it.

I pushed my way out of the house and to the car. I paired my phone to the Bluetooth and played music that I like. I drove down a couple random streets before I found a park.

It was abandoned at this hour. I grabbed my cigarette pack and lit one. After a couple puffs, I sighed. I placed my head in my hands.

"Hey." A familiar voice said. I shot my head up to see Finn awkwardly kicking a rock with his foot.

"Hi." I said. I moved over and patted the curb. Finn sat next to me and took the cigarette from my hand. He did a a deep inhale and sighed.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"You kinda ran out. Are you okay?" He asked turning towards me.

"I don't know. Are you asking as a friend or an ex?" I blandly said.

"Look, I'm sorry. Just Grace, she would freak if she found out." He said fake laughing. There was a moment of silence as we just starred at each other.

Finn leaned in. I put my hand on his chest before turning my head away from him.

"I feel like such a fuck up." I sighed. Finns hand found the small of my back.

"I think we all do... I mean at some point, you're gonna think, 'I-is this seriously what I've been doing my entire life?' But you move past it." He said. I nodded before taking another puff.

"Why didn't we work out?" I asked. He was taken aback for a minute before laughing.

"I-I don't know, marriage is stressful." He shrugged. I put my head in my hands again.

"Look, it wasn't you're fault." He said rubbing my back. I looked up before laughing.

"I know." I smiled. I got up, stomped out the cigarette and walked to my car. I turned around to see Finn still sitting there, starring at the ground.

——

I went back to Finns house. It was going to be weird staying there for the rest of the weekend. I opened the door to see no one else there.

Walking through I found random things; keys, bottles, and clothes.

Walking through the house, I heard faint whispers.

'Shh. Someone's back!'

'It's okay, it's probably no one'

Confused, I went to the door that noise was coming out of. I grabbed the door handle and saw Grace on top of Jack.

%%%%

It's tea time and I'm parched
Also reupload bc I forgot music