09; im done listening

"Sorry I'm such an asshole"

I woke up and felt warmth next to me

I woke up and felt warmth next to me. After keeping my eyes closed for a moment, I opened them and turned my head to see Finn sleeping soundly.

Slowly, I untangled myself from him and slid out of the bed. I went to the bathroom and washed my face to wake myself up.

I creep past the bed trying to wake up finn and head down the stairs. For breakfast, I make myself some eggs and leave some in the fridge for finn.

On the table in front on the couch in the living room, Finns phone was buzzing. Curiosity took over me and I went to look. The phone read 'Susan: imessage'.

I wanted to see if his password was the same. I pressed the home button and slowly typed in 061216. I doubted he would have kept it the same; it was our anniversary date after all.

The phone unlocked and his messages appeared.

Stacy: had a great time last week;) we should do it again sometime.

I shut his phone off before lightly setting it onto the table again. Why am I so mad? We aren't dating; in fact I've rejected him so many times that I understand why.

But he's been staying here for two months and telling me how much he loves me. Loved; I guess.

Finns footsteps stopped my train of thought. I turned around with tear stained cheeks and red eyes. His expression dropped from pleasant to concerned.

"What's wrong, Gracie?" He asked. No more butterflies.

"Who the fuck is Stacy?" I said weakly. He sighed before grabbing my shoulders. I tended up and he could tell, so he let go.

"Listen, it's not what it looks like." He said calmly.

"Did you cheat on grace with her too?" I scoffed.

"I-I um. Listen." He stumbled.

"I'm done fucking listening! Get out of my house, finn!" I yelled walking away from him. I went up the stairs and turned around to see if he was following me. I hoped he was.

Finn stayed sat on the couch with his head in his hands. I ran up the rest of the stairs and grabbed my phone.

Contacts: finn:)

I clicked delete before calling Sadie.

"Hey Sadie, can you come over?" I asked. She agreed and said she'd be over in 20 minutes.

I went downstairs to start cleaning up. After looking around, I saw that Finn was gone. If he had done exactly what I told him to do, why did I feel so empty?

Eventually, there was a knock on the door. I got up from the couch and opened the door.

"Hey sadi-" I said being cut off by shock. There stood finn with flowers and a card. I let him in before grabbing the card.

On it, there was a bear that said 'I Love You... This Much' on the inside Finns scribbled handwriting read; 'sorry I'm such an asshole'. My forehead creased as I turned around to meet his face again. He sighed and put his hands in his pockets before looking at me.

"I-I can explain. Stacy is a girl I met at a random bar a couple months ago. It-it's not like I hooked up with her; I thought we were friends. So, I went to hang out with her last week and she tried to have sex with me. I eventually pushed her off, and I guess she didn't get the hint. I-I would never try to hurt you Gracie." He explained keeping eye contact the whole time. My expression softened, which caused finn to take a sigh of relief.

"Finn, I-I has no idea. I'm so sorry." I weakly said. I reached out to hug him and he tightly wrapped his arms around my waist.

"It's okay; I'm still getting butterflies when you say my name." He whispered into my ear. A smile spread across my face.

Finally we agreed on something.

"I think I'm ready, Finn." I smiled, pulling away from him and connecting our hands.

"For what?" He asked.

"I'm ready to try this. Us." I said. Finn said nothing and smiled before wrapping me in a tight hug. He placed a kiss on my forehead.

Things felt right again.

%%%%
Sorry for being inactive but schools out so hopefully I can post more now!