Chapter Five

Ch.5: My Nerds

The rest of the day went fine. At lunch Toby and I stood in line forever! Before there was barely a line at the institution, but the food was shit.

"So, what are you doing today?" Toby and I walk out of home room, heading to our lockers. His is right next to mine, so we see each other alot.

"Nothing much. My aunt and l weren't going to do anything today. How about you?" I open my locker and grab my backpack. "Same, wanna catch a movie?" He closes his locker before closing mine.

"I barely know you. You could sell me to some crazy hobo on the corner of the bad part of the city." I keep a straight face, looking him straight in the eye.

"Oh, okay. Can I get your number and then can we figure out a day for the movies?" He says blushing. Man, did I really look that serious? I laugh at him and his face looks relieved.

"So you do want to go?" He fiddles with his locker while waiting for and answer. "Yes. I'll go. I was acting!" I giggle.

~~~~~~~~

"So, what do you want to see?" He say pulling up to the movies. I talked to my aunt and she seems fine with it. "Uh, '22 Jump Street' seems funny! Lets see it." We get out and pay for the movie.

"Want to share popcorn and a pop?" We walk up to the concession stand and wait in line. "Yeah, but I get to pick it. You can butter the popcorn as much as you want." I step up in line.

"Sure! I hope you like butter!" He says ordering a large popcorn. "Can I get a large Cherry Coke?" The lady pours the pop and hands us the pop corn. Toby hands me the money so I can pay for our stuff and runs off with the popcorn.

"That'll be $15.75. Would you like some candy?" I hand her the twenty and grab some Nerds and Sour patch Kids. "Here these two with that." "$17.75 is your total, and $2.25 is your change. Enjoy your movie!" "Thanks, uh you too." I whisper since you can't really say that.

"Hey! Thanks for they candy!" Toby grabs the Nerds and I complain. "Hey! Those are mine but I guess I'll share some candy." We laugh and go in to watch the movie.

~~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait ahhaha

I write these in advance and I had writers block on chap nine