Black Widow

LYDIA DEETZ AND THE ORBS OF STORMS

Capítulo 4: Black Widow

.

The waves were breaking against the beach in Hollywood California, morning runners were on the beach displaying their brand new sports clothes and the latest technology available: compact cassette players made in Japan, now music could be heard everywhere thanks to the invention of headphones.

"Meow Lydia, I want one of those," Percy told his girlfriend as he looked at a runner wearing shiny leggings.

"It's very convenient indeed. It's annoying when someone starts listening to his music loudly and makes others uncomfortable, but I don't know, privacy can be abused a lot, it can be counterproductive."

"We'll have to see what happens, meanwhile, let's go to Elvira's studio."

Lydia nodded and already called for a taxi to take them to the studios where the actress's company was located.

"This place is huge," Percy said when they arrived at the entrance to Warner Bros. studios.

"This is where we get off Percy."

"Does Elvira work for Warner Bros.?"

"No, but through this entrance we can access Geffen Studios. A friend of Delia's can provide us with tickets to Black Widow Studios, where Elvira works."

"Come on then."

The two youths entered with the group of tourists and without the guide noticing it, they snuck out to Delia's stepmother's friend.

"Oh, you must be Didi's stepchildren," said a woman with red hair so marked that no one would believe it was genuine. "Did you have any problems with security?"

"No Miss..."

"Claes, my love. Call me Claes," said the woman with the strong accent from the California Valley.

"Thank you very much, Miss Claes."

"You don't have to, my love. Didi got me this job as a receptionist and I am indebted to her, the good Didi, how is the very very?"

"Delia... Didi, she's fine, she says hi."

"Oh, how beautiful the Didi is. But anyway, time is money money my love, here are the Black Widow studio passes, with them you can go backstage without any problem did you get m'ja?"

"Yes, thank you very much, Claes."

"Well, Lydia, Percy, good luck and no messing around, guys," said the woman as she winked at them, "you could tell she was in a hurry.

"What a funny woman Lydia, what did she mean by m'ja?" Percy said imitating the accent and ridiculous pose of the dyeing.

"I'm not quite sure, maybe he meant "my daughter" or "maja"," said Lydia, suppressing a laugh.

"I'm sure it was maja, since you're very beautiful, Lydia."

"How sweet Percy, come on, let's go to the studio," concluded Lydia as she kissed Percy.

With the security of carrying their passes, they had no need to hide and confidently went to one of the security guards and asked him where they could find Black Widow Studios.

These were at one end of the huge producer's field and the kids went straight to that place, not being overcome by the temptation to snoop around as they did not know for sure if the passes the woman gave them would be valid for other production companies.

The company Black Widow, was specialized in horror films, but also in comedies, with elements typical of horror movies, and that could be seen right at the entrance because the façade emulated the torso of a reddish demon which had one of its horns broken.

"Hot Dog, I can't believe it," they both said at the same time and after contemplating the huge facade of the building, they decided to enter.

The receptionist, a platinum-plated blonde with huge thick frame lenses and even bigger breasts, answered the kids' questions and sent them to the props man at Elvira's show.

"Come on, guys," said the old man wearing a black beret and a reddish scarf that he displayed with a flirtatious, shameless look, just like a theatre diva's walk.

The guy named Steven "Miracle", showed them all the props in the program, but the closest thing to Elvira's orb was a simple crystal ball that caught Percy's attention.

"I'm sorry, dear ones, but there's nothing you can tell me but this."

"Could it have been that Elvira brought it herself?" Percy asked the old man.

"It could be, actors bring some of their stuff for the shows."

"So, can you give us Elvira's address?"

"Oh, not my little ones. That's forbidden, company policies, no one except the producers or the executive producers can share that information."

The youngsters had to leave the prop area wondering how they would know the direction of the actress, well, at least Lydia since Percy was wondering something else.

"Lydia, what is the difference between a producer and an executive producer?"

"The executive producer is in charge of financing the film, while the producer manages the money during the filming of the film."

"Oh... What do we do now?"

"Let's go back and ask the receptionist if we can contact one of the producers of Elvira's show."

Luck seemed to smile at the kids as it seemed that one of the producers was at the reception, but unlike them, the man did not seem to have the favor of luck because for some reason he was yelling at someone on the receptionist's phone.

"I'm gonna get your legs broken, Jhony! Either you get them for me or I'm gonna hang you with the phone wire!"

The man hung up the device with a hard blow, "combed" his chestnut hair with his fingers, unknowingly disheveling his hair. Then he looked down as he saw two young kids in front of him, a boy who looked like a young model and a girl in Gothic clothes with a perfect face.

"Excuse me sir, my name is Lydia Deetz and I would like to finance one of your films."

CONTINUARÁ...

Thank you for reading, do not forget to vote and comment pretty please