seven.

kilig

Agnes knew that this meant more than she was going to make it out to be.

At the moment, she was at the post office. She decided to open a P.O. box. She probably wouldn't get much but it wasn't that she wanted anything anyway. she wanted to send stuff. She sent out a letter for each weekday: her mom, her dad, the spiritual family from Florida, her first love in Mississippi, and her old boss from a bar in New York.

During that week, she didn't see much of anybody. Sodapop and Steve once, when she needed gas. She was only about ten dollars away from being able to pay them off. She didn't know if she'd wanna leave, yet. The place was growing on her, which was funny because so many people there wanted to get out.

The next week Agnes got two letters, one from her father and one from the New York bar. She smiled when she read them. It was the first time she'd heard from either of them in a long time. She used to call her dad sometimes on the payphones but she stopped that almost two years ago. She was hoping to get a letter back from her mom. She wanted to know if she was alright.

She got nothing.

The next week she was finally able to pay back Soda and Steve, she finally stopped wasting the cash she knew she needed and kept saving it up. She still didn't want to leave. Something about that filling station really made her want to stay. It may have been the people working there. She still hadn't met their other friends and Sodapop's older brother. She really didn't want to go to his house alone. Luckily, he wasn't forcing her to.

They hadn't hung out together for weeks and all Sodapop wanted was for him and Agnes to be alone again. She, gladly, took him out for a drive when he asked and they ended up going to a little dance club. She couldn't dance to save her life, which Sodapop found out very quickly. He tried dancing with her and she couldn't look up, when she did she'd step on his toes. Not that he minded.

He couldn't care less about the dancing at that moment. Agnes was in his arms, laughing like he hadn't seen her laugh before. Her hair flowed back and forth as he would spin her and her eyes would look right into his. He hoped she felt the feelings he during that time.

Agnes didn't mind the dancing either. She couldn't get her mind off the fear of stepping all over the boy's feet until he'd start talking to her or say something to make her laugh. She took every moment she could to examine everything she could about him while they were this close.

The way it seemed like he physically couldn't smile without his teeth and how he'd mouth the words to the songs he knew, the way he had bumps on his forehead despite his flawless appearance from further away and fading scar above his eyebrow from the rumble weeks ago. The way he just looked like he had no cares in the world even though she knew enough to know that he cared about everything.

"Why're you lookin' at me like that?" He asks,

She smiled at him and smiled, even more, when she noticed his light blush following her next words, "'Cause you're just real handsome and I like lookin' at you."