Chapter 2: Unit 2

I saw Aman entering his room and I turned away when I heard the door closing behind him. So Akanksha, you finally met a guy who listened to your story. I went outside the house. The stars, twinkling in the sky are looking so relaxed its like they are watching me and they know what's going to happen after this.

        When I was a kid I believed the stars are the eyes of God. But then I was taught by my science teacher that stars are just balls of fire far away from us. If you want to ruin your dreamworld then go and study science. Still, every night I used to go to the balcony just to look at stars.

         Ouch! My head, stars- night - someone talking to me at night. Oh God! What was that? I saw something in the flashback mode everything was blur. Is this flashback related to the ‘promise’ which I don't know when I made. If this promise is so important to me than why can't I remember it? Okay, Akanksha cool down, cool down.

         It has been one complete day that I am gone, I haven't seen my family since my funeral. Are they okay? Are the still grieving for my death or are they better without me? The second option is heartbreaking but its practical.

        I remember Ayesha telling me once that I should just go away. After listening to which I cried and cried for one whole night and only mom came in to ask about me but she only questioned me that why wasn't I eating and I replied that I don't have that appetite. Then she left. At that time I actually thought that I should runaway to a place where no one can find me.

       But I am feeling homesick now. I closed my eyes and imagined my home- sweet home, I imagined the entry gate which is black and quite big, though if anyone wanted they could have climbed it. Then comes the door besides which father's, mother's and our three sisters' names were written on the nameplate. Our living room was our meeting room it was perfect for all of us. We used to sit in the living room and chat though most of the time I was left offended because of broken desires or being insulted by them. While thinking about those moments of my life tears rolled out of my eyes and when I opened my eyes I found myself standing above my house. I mean literally above my house. I was flying! I can teleport!

         Anyways I stopped flying and got back to the ground. I was standing in front of the window of mom's and dad's bedroom it is 2:00 am I can see it on the clock. But they aren't asleep. My mom is typing something on the laptop and my dad is busy on the phone. With whom is he talking at 2'o clock. At least they are not crying, good, one must always move on. Anyways I wasn't that much important to them, I never made them proud of myself. I should leave now.

       I didn't teleport back to Aman's place neither did I fly like superman. Strange huh, throughout my life I craved for superpowers and now when I am getting it I am not using it. I walked back. The cool breeze and the sky full of stars gave me hope they always does. I returned to his house and sat on his couch. I didn't realize that the night was fading away. I never saw sunrise because I hated mornings so I never welcomed the sun warm heartedly. I rushed to the balcony and the view was marvelous. The sun looked so alive as if it is saying that he is coming to take away your worries, your tiredness, your sorrows. I stood there completely impressed by the view until I started hearing noises of vehicle's horns. So distracting. I got inside and looked at the clock, it was 6:00 am already. Time passes so quickly.

       I thought about Aman. Is he still sleeping? Should I wake him? Should I make some breakfast for him? I don't know whether he would like it or not. So, I went towards his room and knocked. I knocked more than hundred times at the door but he didn't answer. Okay,  the door is locked maybe I shouldn't disturb him or should I, like I won't disturb him I will just go through the door, I never saw any guy sleeping. So I exhaled out a whirlwind of breathes and went inside, he is sleeping so peacefully. He looks so cute while sleeping I went closer and sat down besides his bed. He turned towards me and mumbled something under his breathe which I couldn't understand maybe he speaks while sleeping and then he opened his eyes and screamed at the top of his voice. What have I done?! Darn it! Its so awkward!