Chapter 6

August

I pulled up to Autumns house then got out. I popped my trunk and slid my gun on my waist. Then followed her inside.
"I think you should bring clothes and shoes with you. I got you Autumn, he not gone touch you." she looked at me the nodded.
"Okay" I watched as she opened the front door and something flew past us.
"Autumn! Where were y-" the lady looked up at me.
"You fucking him? You fucking slut!" the lady walked closer to us as Autumn backed back onto me. Even though this is a serious moment, it feels right. I pushed the thought to the back of my head when I felt Autumn pull my gun off my waist and aim it at the lady.
"Autumn" I touched her shoulder trying to calm her down.
"I am sick and tired of your bitching! You are not a mother! You let them rape me" she wiped her tears and tightened her grip on the trigger.
"Autumn" I put my hand over hers and the other on her stomach as she broke down.
"You have to get your clothes-" she shook her head.
"I have to get my money" I watched the lady I assumed was her mother, eye's light up.
"Where is it?"
"In my mattress upstairs" she whispered so only I could hear.
"You go get it, yell if anything happens" I watched her walk up the steps quickly.
"So you fucking my daughter?"
"With all due respect, no I am not"
"Mm, well she's 17 and her father should be on his way back" I smirked.
"I'll be delighted to meet him" Just then Autumn came running down the steps with this duffle bag around her.
"You ready?"
"Yes come on" as we got in my car I saw a black tinted car driving by, the window rolled down and I came face to face with an Ak-47.
"Shit!" I started my car and sped down the street. I turned the corner and the car was soon out of sight.
"You alright Autumn" I kept my eyes on the road.
"Autumn" I glanced over at her as she shook rapidly.
"August pull over" I slowed down to a stop, then looked at her as she stared off in space.
"Can you pull over please" I watched her tears fall, she was so off into space she didn't even notice that I stopped.
"Autumn" I said calmly turning my towards me, she stared at me then glanced at my lips. I licked them then started the car back up.
"Do I have to go to school today?" she said softly as I rode into my drive way.
"Nah, Ima bring your make up work" She nodded getting out and walking into the house.

Autumn

As soon as I got inside I ran upstairs and fell on his bed crying. I pulled one of the pillows close to me, hugging it as if it was my teddy bear. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore.

I lifted up off the bed and walked into the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, my eyes were so puffy and red. I could barely recognize myself. I turned towards the bathroom door and saw August standing there.
"How long have you been here?"
"Since you woke up"
"What time is it?"
"8:30" I sighed walking past him.
"What's wrong?" I shook my head.
"Nothing" I sat on his bed pulling all the cash out of my duffle bag to count it.
"Can you help me count this" He nodded then sat next to me.