Chapter 2

3 weeks later.

At Jacks Funeral.

" Jack died has he lived a hero. He was leading a group of recruits to the mountain and there was a landslide, pushed to of his men out of the way saving their lives at the expense of his. Never will I meet a better man, never will be a braver Mountie, never will I have a truer friend. Bill said trying not to cry.

" Jack Thornton was a humble man who viewed his duty as Mountie not as a choice that deserves praise but as his heart's calling. Know that your darling Elizabeth will never be alone. Abigail said has her voice cracked. Elizabeth was sobbing has the Mounties fired their guns. Then the children started singing Amazing Grace.

3 days later.

Elizabeth is back in hope valley.

Elizabeth is looking out her window when she gets a knock. When she's opens it she's fines rosemary, Abigail and a few children. "Hi I hope we're not intruding we met on the path to your house." Abigail said.
" the children wanted to say hello." Rosemary said. " as did i" Abigail said with a weak smile.

"Well im very glad to see you all."
" we've missed you." Emily said.
" not as much as I've missed all of you." I said to the children acting like I was ok. "Well we can only stay a minute lunch is almost over. Faith was kind enough to watch the other children so we could come by." Rosemary said with a smile. "Before we go the children made something for you."

"We hope you like it. It's a card we all signed it." Then Elizabeth read the card. It read with sympathy on the outside. On the inside it said.
" we love you Mrs. Thornton and we loved mountie Jack. We miss him so much." Then Elizabeth replied to the thoughtful children.
"Thank you it's very beautiful."
"Time for us to go, children say goodbye." Rosemary said and with that the children all said goodbye at the same time then left. Then Abigail stays for a little. "Elizabeth I have something for you.". Then she grave Elizabeth a letter.
"When Jack left for the northern territories he pay me a visit. he said to give this you in case he didn't make it." Elizabeth started to cry.
"Do you want me to stay when you open it?"
"No thanks." Abigail nodded then left.
Elizabeth looked at the letter but couldn't open yet."

In the class room.
"All right everyone settle in its time to start your math lesson.
Emily raised her arm.
"Yes Emily?"
"Is Mrs. Thornton coming back tomorrow?"
" Yes she is." The class room filled with yays. "Not that we don't like you teaching us Mrs. Counter."
Cody said with a smile.
"And it's not that I don't love teaching you but it'll be nice to have her back."
Rosemary said to the children.
" Do we still call her Mrs. Thornton or miss Thatcher again?" One of the children asked. Rosemary really didn't know what to say has she was still grieving her dear friend Jack.
"Mrs. Thornton. She'll always be Mrs. Jack Thornton." Rosemary said with a weak smile.

Hey I hope your enjoying this book. Please play the video at the top.
It made me cry but whoever made did a great job.