Swift Darkness: chapter one.

I'm so excited to move into my new apartment.

I have a huge apartment already, but the paparazzi is always crowding around it, so I bought one that is a bit smaller and further away from the suburbs.

I already had all my boxes and Mom would be bringing the cats over.

As soon as I walk towards several boxes laying on the couch, Mom and Ed walk in. Ed clutching the handle of Meredith's carrier while Mom held Olivia in her hands.

"Thanks for the help, Ed," she smiles when she says his name; she really is sincerely glad for his help, "I don't know if I could've handled the two of them at once."

"No problem, Andrea. Anything to help such a lovely lady," Ed looks at me while he says this, obviously referring to me as "a lovely lady", and I feel my cheeks burn. "I'll help Taylor with the rest of her boxes and you can go home."

"Thank you! I've been so tired since the tour ended." she gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I return both.

"Bye, Mom. I'll text you." I reassure her, just so she knows, and walk her to the door.

As soon as it shuts I walk up to Ed and wrap my arms around his neck.

"What was that?" I say this while giggling, I just can help it around Ed. "You aren't supposed to say things like that in front of anyone. You know that." He chuckles and he looks as perfect as ever. The way he has a little stubble on his chin, and the just right way is bright red hair curls and falls on his face makes him look amazing.

"I just can't help complimenting a lovely lady," he whispers, and kisses me softly on my cheek. "Now let's get back to work."

I walk to the kitchen and unpack the boxes from there. I set up the antique china plates on the rack, which was personally made for me. The plates are delicate, with small glazed flowers in shades of lilac that are more beautiful than the morning sun.

I hold a plate in my hands when I hear Ed call me. I set it down gently and walk to his voice, and he's messing with Meredith. He was putting his nose to hers.

"Look at this, she never lets me do this!"

His enthusiasm about something so small makes me feel the same way. I start laughing and take a few pictures just to show my fans later. Meredith suddenly jumps up and sprints away when I put my phone in my pocket and leaves Ed and I laughing with each other.

By time our laughing fades away Ed grabs my hand and pulls me towards the couch. I already have my television set up and Ed puts a disk in the DVD player.

"What is this? We have to unpack boxes," I try to sound stern, but it's near impossible around Ed. He's a bundle of happiness. "We can't sit around watching movies all day."

"We're not watching any movie, Ms.Swift," he makes jazz hands towards the TV while announcing this, "we are watching one of your all time favorites, Cinderella." I laugh as he grabs a box and pulls out a bag of store bought popcorn and probably the softest blanket in the world.

He walks to the couch with our movie watching supplies and covers me with the blanket. He soon after sits next to me with it lying in his lap as well.

I see the cats from the corner of my eye drowsily sleeping so I decide to relax about the boxes. We have plenty of time.

During the scene of the prince putting Cinderella's precious glass slipper, Ed turns towards me and kisses me ever so lightly.