Of Pages And Dust (2)

Amara's POV

Amara's POV

It's been two hours almost. But we've managed to search through not even a quarter of the gigantic shelf.

The table was brimming with books and tomes of every shape and size, all piled up. Between us was only the dry sound of turning pages as both Noct and I skimmed through as many books as we could get our hands on.

"It's as I suspected." Noctis remarks after putting down yet another book. "There's no information on the shrines here...there never was. I would know."

"You would know?" I question.

"I'd know if there was such a book in this section. After all, I've been through most of the books here..."

I look between the Prince and the old, crumbling, heavy books." As a child...you used to read...history ?"I ask with an arched brow.

He blankly stares back at me.

"Wow, Noct! History... Boy, did you know how to have fun! "

He rolls his eyes at the sarcasm. "I never said it was fun. As a Prince, it was my duty to know the past of my Kingdom just as as well as that of the world."

"I can totally imagine you having fun reading a history book..." I tease him again.

He huffs and gets up from his seat.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I remark taking off after him.

Noctis leads me up a flight of stairs, towards the very end of the lofty library.

I didn't know there was a second floor!

It wasn't exactly a second floor...
Rather a secluded piece of the library, elevated atop a flight of stairs to grant more privacy. Once we reach the top of the stairs, I find myself in a sort of library within the library.

"A private library?" I question.

"Secluded for the Royal family...." Noctis says making his way towards the smaller bookshelves.
The area was lined with railings on one side, like a terrace which looked over the first floor.

On the floor, there was placed a posh looking rug with a table atop. Around the table, a set of comfy looking chairs were placed.
With a warm fire burning in the fireplace on the opposite wall,a lavish chandelier hanging on top, this place indeed was a private library worthy of Kings.

The collection was not as vast as downstairs... But the sight of the rich leather spines with inked letters in gold made it obvious that whatever book was placed here, could rightfully be called rarest of the rare.

"Nothing here either...."Noctis sighs in defeat, collapsing in one of the chairs.

His fingers instinctively rake through his midnight black hair.