Chapter 15, The Last Day of High School

I woke up this morning not know what was going to happen by the end of the day. 

"Honey, you ready to go," dad yelled. I looked at my self in the mirror with my graduation dress on and yelled back, "Yeah, dad I'm coming." I ran down the stairs and almost ran into Cooper. "We are going to met grandma and grandpa for lunch. Did you want to invite Parker," dad said. "I don't think so," I said. "It would be nice for them to met him," dad said. "He and I are taking a break right now," I said walking out the door. "Cooper come on," I hear dad yelling behind me.

I got on the driver's side of the car and finally, dad and Cooper came out. I drove to the Longhorn restaurant with the car silent.

"Hi sweetheart," grandma said when I got out the car. "Hey guys," I said back. Cooper got out and ran to give grandma and grandpa a hug.

We got a table near the back corner. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and tried not to get it on my dress. We were almost done eating when Parker walked in with his family. I was hoping they won't see me but I was wrong. "Luna," lily yelled and ran over to give me a hug. "Hey Lily," I said. "Hey," Parker said shyly. "Hey," I said looking down at the rest of my hamburger. "So this is the special Luna, my wife doesn't like," Parker's dad said. I smiled at him. " I never said I don't like her," Ivy said giving Jim (her husband) a dirty look. They sat at the table next to us.

Dad got up and said "We should get together sometime. It's weird we're neighbors and I never see you." "I work in the city and I live in the city during the week," Jim said. "Oh. Well see you at graduation," dad said and we all got up. "Yep, bye," Jim said. "Bye Luna," Lily said as I walked away. "Bye."

Before dad dropped me off at school we stopped at the park for pictures. They took many pictures. "Oh you so pretty," grandma said. "Thanks, grandma," I said.

Then we went to school. I went to the library and they went to the gym.

"Luna, over here," Dakota yelled from across the room. I walked over and Quinn was over them, too. "Hey guys," I said when I got over there. "Where's Parker," Dakota asked. "They are taking a break," Quinn said. "Yeah," I said. "Well I didn't know," Dakota said. Then Parker walked in. He went over to his friends. "Please line up in your rows, like we practice," Mr. Harris said.

I walked out with Parker, which was really awkward and everyone was taking pictures. We sat there for about an hour, after everyone's speeches. When it was Parker and my turn to walk out, I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. The next thing I know was Parker giving me hug and whipping away my tears. We walked out holding hands. Our parents wanted pictures of us together with Quinn and Dakota keep giving me weird looks. "A break, right," Quinn said when she walked passed me.

"Dad I think I got to go," I said trying to get away. "Oh yes," dad said. "Bye guys," I said as I took Cooper's hand and pulled him through the crowd of people. We said goodbye to grandma and grandpa before they left for New York.

I dropped dad and Cooper off at the house and grabbed my suitcase. "Bye sweetheart, be safe," dad said giving me a hug. "I will. I love you," I said "love you too," he said. "Bye Cooper," I said giving him a hug. "Bye," he said. I waved to them as I drove to the lake house. The police we going to bring Cole.

When I got to the lake house, they were already there. "Luna Evans," the police officer asked. "Yes," I answered. She opened the back door of the car and Cole stepped out. "Hey Cole," I said. "Hey," he said looking at the ground. "Is everything going to be OK," the officer asked. "Yes, it should be," I said. Then she got back into her car and drove off. "You ready," I said. We walked to the door and I unlocked it.

"Your old room is down that hall," he said pointing to the left.  "And mine is over here," he pointed to the right. "OK then I'm going to unpack," I said. It wasn't hard to find my room because my name with written on the door. I opened the door. The walls were blue and the floor was hardwood. There was a bay window that faced the lake. I looked out the window, there was an old swing hanging from the maple tree. I unpacked my bag into a dark wood dresser and sat my book to my mom on the nightstand. Then I walked out to the kitchen.

"Cole did you want something to eat," I yelled opening the fridge. There was no answer. "Cole," I yelled again. "Cole," I said knocking on his door.