Leaving the Pridelands

That night, Kion couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned but couldn't fall asleep. Whenever Kion closed his eyes, he thought of Scar and how he destroyed his lion guard during his time. How Kion could've hurt Beshte even more than he had. These negative thoughts scared Kion.
'I don't want to be like Scar. I will not end up like Scar.' Kion told himself.
He watches his friends sleeping soundly and turns to the lair's entrance. He watches the sky turn from dark blue into a lighter shade of blue and pink. Kion turns to the sleeping cheetah beside him and licks her cheek.
"I'm so sorry Fuli." He whispers.
Kion tip toes out of the lair and travels to the boarder.

When Kion reached the boulder that marks the Pridelands territory, the sun was already beginning to rise, making the sky a mixture of light blue, yellow, orange and pink. Kion walks past the boulder to begin his journey into the great unknown.
"And where do you think you're going?" Asks a voice.
Kion stops in his tracks and looks at the owner of the voice. He wished it wasn't her but it was.

Fuli.

"How did you know I was out here?" Asks Kion.
"I woke up feeling thirsty but when I looked over at you, you were gone so I tracked you here." Fuli answers.
"I'm leaving the Pridelands." He announces.
Fuli stares at Kion in disbelief. She jumps off the boulder and walks towards him.
"Does this have to do with the incident yesterday?" She asks.
Kion nods. "I'm scared that I'll end up like Scar. I don't want to hurt you or the others."
"Kion, we all know you'll never end up like Scar and you can't just leave us. We need you. I need you." Protests Fuli.
Kion looks down at his paws. "I need time to think things through and the best way to do that is to leave the Pridelands."
Fuli tries to blink back tears but a few fall down her cheeks. "No Kion. Please don't go."
"I have to Fuli." He says gently.
"Will you come back?" Fuli sniffs.
Kion didn't know the answer. "I don't know."
"What do I tell the others? What do I tell your family?" She asks.
"Tell them to stay strong and that I will miss them." He replies.
Fuli couldn't take it anymore. Tears stream down her face and tries to cover her face with her paw.
"Go before the rest of the guard comes." Fuli manages to say.
Kion gives her one last hug before running off into the unknown.

Fuli:
Oh no, did I get too close oh?
Oh, did I almost see what's really on the inside?
All your insecurities
All the dirty laundry
Never made me blink one time
Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally
Come just as you are to me
Don't need apologies
Know that you are all worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through this storm I would
I'd do it all because I love you, I love you
Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally
So open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart, and just let it begin
Open up your heart
Acceptance is the key to be
To be truly free
Will you do the same for me?
Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
And there is no fear now
Let go and just be free
'Cause I will love you unconditionally (oh yeah)
I will love you
I will love you
I will love you unconditionally

The wind carries Fuli's song away and as Kion ran, he could also hear her beautiful voice sing. Kion couldn't help but let some tears fall as he runs further and further away from the one he loves.

Even when Kion had disappeared beyond the horizon, Fuli stares in the direction where he ran. When the animals were about to awake, Fuli walks back to the lair. She found the others awake and smiling while waiting for her and Kion's arrival. But when they only saw Fuli with her head hanging low, their smiles disappear. Fuli didn't know how to tell them that Kion was gone but they will have find out sooner or later.
She takes a deep breath before telling them. "Guys, I don't know how to tell you this but...

Kion's gone"