Adoption

Ellie's POV

"WAKE UP ELLIE!!! YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR CHORES!!!" I woke up to the head lady of the orphanage, Bettie or Ms. Sweene, screaming at me.

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I'M UP!" I yelled at her. I don't know why she didn't like me but, I didn't like her back so it didn't bother me. I trudged down the stairs and looked around the kitchen. It was an absolute mess. It looked like a bunch of raccoons raided it. There were food splotches everywhere on the counters and the living room was filled with toys. When I started to clean the dishes, I heard the front door open. I ignored it and continued to clean.

"I WANT ALL THE KIDS IN A LINE!" Ms. Sweene ordered. I didn't hear since I was spaced out.

"ELLIE!!! GET OVER HERE NOW!!!" Coming back to reality, I ran out of the kitchen and stood at the end of the line, keeping my head down. I already knew no one would want to adopt me. I was the oldest out of everyone, 13, all the other kids were 10 or under.

"Which one of these kids do you think will go home with you today sir?" She questioned the, I assume to be, man. It was silent for a couple of seconds.

"What about her?" A deep, male voice spoke.

"Her? Are you sure?" Ms. Sweene questioned. Once again, I was spaced out. I continued to imagine what I would do in the next years of my life in this boring, old place. It was silent for a little and I heard Ms. Sweene sigh a little.

"Ellie, get your stuff upstairs," Ms. Sweene ordered. I looked up.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"This young man has decided to adopt you. Now, go get your stuff" she repeated, motioning over to the man that stood behind her. My eyes sparkled and I looked up to the man who held a camera in his left arm. He had blue eyes with brown, short hair that barely covered his eye. I smiled and sprinted up the stairs into my room, grabbing my suitcase, running to the door. I never unpacked for, I always held hope this day would come. I stopped myself and let go of the doorknob, walking back a few steps and looking at myself in the mirror.

"Shoot, I'm still in my Pj's" I whispered to myself, changing into a pair of grey sweatpants and a white crop top I made. (Outfit below) Putting my pj's into my suitcase, I ran down the stairs, skipping one every often, almost toppling over. I heard the man laugh at what a goof I am.

 I heard the man laugh at what a goof I am

"You ready?" The man asked. I nodded, jumping like a little bean. He led us outside to a nice red, Toyota Corolla. When he unlocked the door, I put my suitcase in the backseat and got in the passenger's seat, closing the door at the same time as the man did, and buckled my seat belt.

"So, what's your name?" I asked him.

"Cole Robert Brock, but you can call me Colby" Colby introduced.