Chapter 3 Dead

Eve,

I took a little bit from the bread that was left behind since.. they died. I didn't know they were bitten until they were dead. It happened about.. maybe.. two or three years ago.

You lose track of time when your watch breaks and you can't check the calender.

~Flashback~

We were sneaking out to the quarantine zone, we had to be very quiet, because we had no weapons to protect us from infected or hunters.

When we were maybe halfway there we were spotted. Mom and Harry were immediately shot, I was lucky, I got shot in the arm.

Harry was shot in the kidney and mom was shot in the head. I got down before they spotted me.

I then noticed the bite on Harry's wrist and moms neck.

Yeah, I was crying, I was sad but tough. I had to get home before I got shot. If I got shot again I was dead.

Fucking hunters! :(

I was trying to control my sobbing so they didn't hear me to know where I am.

I picked up some broken glass from a police cruiser nearby. As a hunter was walking passed me, I snuck up and dug the sharp end of the glass shard into his trachea.

He fell lifeless to the ground.

His friend heard him scream and rushed to his side as I ran the opposite way around the car.

I picked up the gun he dropped before his friend ran to him. I lifted it up aiming at him.

He must've heard my uncontrollable breathing, as he reached for his gun but I shot at him. Missed.

Fuck. Oops.

I shielded myself behind the car yelling, "Sorry! I didn't mean to! You just killed my family! You would do the same if you were me."

I heard him shoot at the car every time I risked a glance at his crazed face. He was crying.

"He was my family! Your gonna die here bitch!" And he shot a bullet straight threw my hand. I yelled in pain!

He came around so he was now facing me.

"I want to see the light drain in your eyes as you die." He aimed the gun at my head. He was about to shoot.

"Stop! I'll join you." I pleaded.

"What makes you think I'd believe you?" He spat.

"I've no where else to go, and I don't have food. You saw what I did. I can do it again, but instead of to your friends, I can do it to your enemies. I can help. All you have to do is-" I was cut off by the sound of infected running our way, clickers, stalkers and runners.

A runner caught up to him and bit him on the hand. He shot the runner in the head and ran into one of the buildings.

The runners didn't notice me yet. I sat there quietly as they banged on the door of the building he escaped to.

I very quietly snuck behind all the cars towards the way we came and I got back home where I felt safer.

I never used the gun since because I wasted that bullet. But now that I was running out of food I have to go out again and search. But I might as well be dead now.

Next chapter is gonna be EPIC! See u then ;)